Thread: UPS evening deliveries

UPS evening deliveries

Anyone else seen this? Lately our UPS deliveries have been in the evening. I just saw him drive by at 6:30. The other day I happened to be driving by the depot on my way to an appointment and saw all the trucks leaving before 9AM. I've been out at lunch and seen our driver--he has to be working some seriously long days. I've also noticed a different driver comes more often. Has UPS changed the way they do their deliveries?

Matt,

The UPS distribution site is about 1 mile from our home and yet, a majority of our deliveries are after 5:00 p.m. I think the driver for this route delivers our area as he returns to the "barn"?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Yeah, I think they do the businesses first and the residential last, but nothing to base that on. I've had a delivery as late as 7:30. Although the subwoofer I bought last month for the HT system came early in the afternoon. Maybe he wanted it off the truck and out of his way because of the weight! In fact, at 93 pounds, I was surprised it came by UPS at all. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

My UPS always delivers after 6:00 pm and it is almost always a different driver. FedEx delivers before noon. I am residential but in a reasonably populated commercial location and I've always suspected that to be the case but never asked.

I believe UPS will deliver as late as 8 or 9PM.

Businesses are almost always delivered before noon.

The UPS trucks out in the evening around here are picking up packages left at the mail box type drop box.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale