Thread: Rojek 310M help

Rojek 310M help

I bought a used 310m and it came without the dust collection hood. Getting one from them is an expensive proposition, and I've got a full sheetmetal shop in the garage. Anyone have one of these handy they could snap a few pics of and maybe take a few measurements? I can "wing it" a bit on this, but I really don't know what it's supposed to look like...

Thanks!
    -Ben

Yeah. It's helpful, but there are no dimensions at all...

Just curious what the cost is? I bought a used Rojek 12" and the few small parts I needed were fairly priced.

The part's not that bad. $103. The problem is they don't stock it in the USA so unless I want to wait for the next container from Europe (not presently scheduled) I have to pay overseas shipping of $75 (Postal Carrier) or $160 (UPS). That makes it more than I'd like to cough up...

Ben, if that machine is anything like ours (and I assume the design is similar), you could just mock up something out of cardboard, to make sure it clears the planer table when the jointer infeed table is down, and it wouldn't really be "wrong". Those snorkels are pretty low-tech. In other words, you could make it pretty much however you wanted. There was another thread somewhere, where the owner installed some sort of off-the-shelf HVAC fitting on his FS-350. I believe it worked fine for him.

Hope this makes sense,

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA