Thread: Gloat

Gloat

I spend a lot of time lurking and don't post much here on the Neander forum, but I have to gloat. I went to an auction yesterday and was able to pickup some very nice tools. There's Starrett, Ohio, Stanley, older Craftsman, and Bridge City tools in the lots I bought. I took out some of the tools that weren't worth photographing. Not bad for $110 total.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Allow me to be the first to say, YOU SUCK! Those are some great tools. The bridge city tools are worth several times what you paid all on their own. Great job!

+1 on the YOU SUCK! Great haul!
    Michael Ray Smith

Even though I don't have a cockneyish accent but have some English and Irish roots allow me to attempt to spell what I am feeling:
    Knnuuoissse ! Vuurrry knnuuoissse !

Does any body have one of the Bridge City story sticks ? They had little ticks you could bolt on the main rule and set up a precise story stick for a project. I finally got up the bucks and called them to order and they had stopped making them.
    Any good mate ?
    Sharpening is Facetating.
    Good enough is good enough
    But
    Better is Better.

Winton,Have not seen those .Somebody sells a tape rule with room on it to make notes,though. Fast Cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Winton,Have not seen those .Somebody sells a tape rule with room on it to make notes,though. Fast Cap?
    Lee Valley Story Tape

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,43513,65359

Best regards,

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Halter View Post
    I spend a lot of time lurking and don't post much here on the Neander forum, but I have to gloat. I went to an auction yesterday and was able to pickup some very nice tools. There's Starrett, Ohio, Stanley, older Craftsman, and Bridge City tools in the lots I bought. I took out some of the tools that weren't worth photographing. Not bad for $110 total.

Shivers! are all the last picture bridge city! Where was the auction Mongolia. Can't believe no one else in this ebay age picked those out other than you.
    Sent from the bathtub on my Samsung Galaxy(C)S5 with waterproof Lifeproof Case(C), and spell check turned off!

Story tape
    Yep, thanks
    I use one of those.
    Doesn't have quite the bling of black anodized aluminum channel with knobs of rosewood and brass with little metal marker things. Oh well apparently I didn't really need one.

Oh god. My first photo I am posting and it says copyrighted. Is the world going to end or what ? Shall I delete the photo?
    It isn't like I am making money from using it and is drawing attention to the owner of it not to me.
    The photo at Bridge City didn't do the tool justice and I found nothing else. The paper catalog photo was much better.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Winton Applegate; 05-19-2013 at 9:11 PM.
    Sharpening is Facetating.
    Good enough is good enough
    But
    Better is Better.

It was in a small farming town in NW Missouri. I was quite surprised also, the large BC combo square went for only $20.

Winton,
    Woodpeckers also makes a story stick. Anodized aluminum (still not the same as rosewood and brass), but they make quality tools.

Dave