Thread: Tuxedo Tele

Tuxedo Tele

This one was inspired by the number 2 prototype of the destined to be Telecaster. It has a double bound, chambered alder body with the pickguard serving as the control plate..no routes front or rear for control access. Two piece roasted flame maple neck, clay dot markers, 2-way truss rod, vintage style tuners. Hand wound, unpotted, high output pickup.

The finish is black nitro lacquer with EM6000 top coats.

Peace,
    Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Crenshaw; 05-21-2013 at 8:30 AM. Reason: Changed title
    "Thought that is no longer limited brings experience that is no longer limited" Marianne Williamson.

Looks nice, presume without the neck pickup it's a chickin pickin rig?

Did you wind the pickup yourself, or is it a boutique pickup (lindy fralin or whatever)?

Thanks! You'd be surprised how raunchy the guitar can get. It will do the classic Tele tone but in an aggressive amp it's all bets off. If I list a build as having hand wound PUs, it means that I wound them. Should have been more clear about that but didn't want to sound boastful.

Here's a video of it. At about 2 mins in I switch to Hi Gain.

Peace,
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Crenshaw; 05-21-2013 at 8:55 AM.
    "Thought that is no longer limited brings experience that is no longer limited" Marianne Williamson.

Nice tone, all the way around - whether you're loading it up or not. I don't know why I didn't remember that a telecaster makes a pretty good rock rig, esp. given Led Zeppelin I is loaded with one.

I don't think it's boastful at all if you wind the pickup and state that. As george says, it's not really boasting if you can back it up.

It looks fantastic and sounds even better! Really terrific work, Mark!