Thread: US Agazzani Dealers?

US Agazzani Dealers?

Quick question - I'm researching new 20" bandsaws. Just started at this point. I have good contacts for MM and Felder but would also like to look at Agazzani. Problem is, the only dealer I could find in the US is Eagle Tools in SoCal. Are they the only Agazzani dealer in the US? Agazzani's website is not very helpful finding dealers and it looks like Eagle Tools website has been under construction for over a year.

Anyone know?

Mike

You have to call Eagle Tool and speak with them in person. They can inform as to what the supply status of Agazzani saws are since Reinhold Beck bought them out of receivership last year.

Eagle Tool
    323 999 2909

Ask for Jesse.

exclusive dealership

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Koons View Post
    Problem is, the only dealer I could find in the US is Eagle Tools in SoCal. Are they the only Agazzani dealer in the US? Agazzani's website is not very helpful finding dealers and it looks like Eagle Tools website has been under construction for over a year.

Anyone know?

Mike
    Eagle is the US distibutor for Agazani. I guess you don't need a website if you're the only kid on the block.

Can't help with Agazzani. But if you're in the market for a new European bandsaw, you might consider going to AWFS. It is a biiiiig trade show which will be in Las Vegas in July. In one place, you'll be able to touch and feel saws in that class from Laguna, Minimax, Powermatic, and Felder/Hammer. http://awfsfair.org/

Aggi are no more but I think Jesse at Eagle will b getting the new Panhans shortly. Panhans bought the designs form Aggi and is currently building saws inhouse. The MM 20 is by far the heaviest and most resaw friendly saw in the 20" size. If you find a little used or demo Aggi it should be new enough that it has the 24" trunnion on the 20" frame. They were great saws but not set up for heavy resawing like the Centauro based MM. Same for the ACM 540 although it would be my second choice now. Dave

I very recently received this email from Jesse of Eagle Tools. BTW I own an Agazzani B 24, really nice band saw.

To: Richard McComas <r_mccomas@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 11:29 AM
    Subject: Re: Aggazzani Band saws

Since 1988

E A G L E T O O L S
    3027 Treadwell St., Los Angeles, CA 90065 (323) 999-2909 (800) 203-0023

Hi Richard,

Yes, Agazzani in Italy has been acquired by a German firm. According
    to PanHans in Germany, machines and parts will continue to be available.
    Notes on this subject appear below.

Regards,
    Jesse Barragan

AVAILABILITY: Normally, we keep every bandsaw model in stock, but now,
    due to the factory move from Italy to Germany there is a gap in our inventory.
    We expect our first container of bandsaws to arrive from Germany
    in the late summer. After the first container, the supply of Agazzani
    bandsaws will arrive at regular intervals as in the past.

WAITING LIST: There is no obligation on your part to be on our waiting list.
    We’ll keep you informed as to the progress and development of the first production
    of bandsaws from the German factory. Those on the wait list will receive the
    lowest possible pricing. We expect that any changes in prices will be clarified
    very soon. Agazzani prices have been lower than most European bandsaws.
    We expect German prices to stay within 5% of our current prices.

AGAZZANI MOVES TO GERMANY: Agazzani has been one of Europe’s premier
    bandsaws, made in Italy, since 1938. Now Agazzani has been acquired by Hokubema.
    This German firm has been selling Italian Agazzani bandsaws in Germany for over
    20 years, under the PANHANS label. As of 2013, Panhans is now producing these
    bandsaws in their own factory along with their other high quality woodworking machines
    that Panhans has manufactured for over 60 years. (Note: Panhans is only one of two
    companies in the world that makes a tablesaw that that tilts the blade 45º in both
    left-right directions.)
    Website for Panhans: www.panhans.de/pan_en/

SAME AGAZZANI QUALITY FROM GERMANY:
    Panhans has made it clear that they intend to build bandsaws with original Agazzani
    materials and engineering. In fact, some of the original Italian factory machines and
    personnel are now at the German factory. To further insure continuity, at this time,
    the cast iron wheels and steel bandsaw frames will continue to be made in Italy.
    Panhans is not planning to make any changes in Agazzani for the near future.
    The emphasis is on CONTINUITY.

Agazzani bandsaws have been imported into the USA for over thirty years.
    Eagle Tools has been the USA importer since 1998.

Reply-To: Richard McComas <r_mccomas@yahoo.com>
    Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 12:21:42 -0700 (PDT)
    To: Jesse Barragan <jesse@eagle-tools.com>
    Subject: Aggazzani Band saws
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska

Addition to my first post.

Yes, Eagle Tools is the only US dealer for Aggazzani band saws. And yes Eagle Tools website kind of sucks. But Jesse is very customer service friendly and is very easy to talk to on the phone and email. Emails have always been answered promptly and fully. Give him a call and he will make you comfortable and take the time to answer all your questions.
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska

Jesse at Eagle Tools is a class act. He is knowlegeable, easy to talk with, and honest as the day is long. Patrick

I know this is WAY off topic but if I was looking at a 20" new I'd talk to Sal here about one of the two 24" SCMI he restored and is selling. Dave

I was pretty sure that ADwood sold Agazzani saws as well .. Lemme check ..

If your looking Aggazani, you should consider Mini-Max, Laguna, Felder and ACM ..

I should also ad that I have an S-600 SCMI saw .. Sal is selling 2 of them restored.. I would probably look hard at that option.. mine is amazing..
    Last edited by Rick Fisher; 05-27-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Adwood sells the " Rapid " series of Bandsaw from Aggazani ..

Mike,

I looked at Agazzani back in late March/early April. I called Jesse at Eagle. With the recent sale of Agazzani to a German based company and the move of production facilities to Germany, Jesse indicated it would be several more months before he had certain Bandsaw's delivered to him.

That is what I recall from my discussion with Jesse, but things can change, so call him and get the latest info.

Where in Colorado are you? I moved from Golden out to Vermont a few years ago and I miss Colorado a ton. I miss the great mountain biking on the front range (apex, matthew winters, three sisters, golden gate canyon, deer creek, etc, etc). All my family is there so I hope to get back soon.

Thanks for the replies Craig and all. To let everyone know, I am looking at MM, Felder and Agazzani/PanHans. Maybe as PanHans integrates Agazzani, more detailed information will come out. I'm not in a huge hurry, so maybe this will all settle before I buy.

Craig, I'm South of Denver and love everything about living in CO EXCEPT the purchase of high end woodworking tools. I hate buying these things site unseen and rely on the internet a ton for feedback, research, videos, etc... I wish we had better presence of Felder, MM, etc... here. But I'm guessing many of you all throughout the country wish the same. I like the idea of hitting the shows but with the job, that's not always feasible. To date, I've bough a CV cyclone and MM slider and it's worked out great, mostly because of the great help from this group. Bandsaw and thickness planer are next on the list.

Thanks again to all.

Blog Entries
    I have an Agazzani 19" BS that only has about a hour on it. I'd be interested in selling it if you're still looking.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

15. Felder

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko View Post
    I have an Agazzani 19" BS that only has about a hour on it. I'd be interested in selling it if you're still looking.
    I would most assuredly look at the Felder bandsaws. Top quality service and support. I have been a Felder owner now for a few years and have been extremely happy with the folks in Delaware. Mike Daugherty