Thread: Problems adjusting machine

Problems adjusting machine

I am stumped. I am trying to adjust my CRP4896 and get it level (in the same plane). I started with the Gantry and am getting readings that don't make sense:

I have a dial indicator mounted in the spindle. I set the indicator to get a 0 reading on the steel plate that the carriages ride on. Logic tells me that moving to the opposite end of the machine on the same plate should measure the same.

The plate measures 0.0836 on the first end and 0.0837 on the other. The dial indicator reads 0 on the first end and +o.011 on the other end.

Using the same 0 reference from the first plate I move to the second plate. The first end reads -0.002 and the second end reads -0.011.

We did find that the bearings need to be tightened on the carriages and that is what we are going to try next - after a thorough cleaing of all surfaces that the bearing ride on and cleaning the surface of the bearings.

Is there anything else I should be looking at that might explain the differences?
    Last edited by Glenn Vaughn; 05-27-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Have you surfaced the table as it may be out.

If I understand what you are doing, it sounds like the two vertical standards at each end of the gantry are not in the same plane resulting in your gantry being twisted a bit. Or it could be that the two guide plates are not parallel. Check the outside measurement of the two plates at each end and in the center. I don't have a CRP4896, I was just looking at the 3d rendering.
    Last edited by George Carlson; 05-27-2013 at 9:21 PM.