Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I make this cut safely?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cody Colston View Post
    Yeah, you can hold it with your hand on the right side while operating the saw with your left hand. Sheesh. (note: your hands don't have to be in a different area code to make a cut safely)
    Have you cut it yet as this is what I would have done what Cody said here by 3:26 pm yesterday.

I spend way too much time every year watching surgeons attempt to reattach digits, so I skipped on your suggestion. Respectfully. I always choose a different area code for digits / limbs if at all possible. Even with the Sawstop. Just seen too much.

I used the table saw, although with the jig I had, (an Incra) it was lifted in the air, so it took several trial and error attempts to get it right. Wasn't dial in like it was with the SCMS on the longer/safer pieces.

I have one more set to do tonight. I'll likely try one of the other methods.

If I had seen the screwing to another piece of wood suggestion, I would have used that. The turning tape one I feel would likely work, but adjusting the wood to be in the exact right spot would render the tape less sticky, which would have issues (although the turning tape I have is impressively sticky).
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

OK, all the contest entries are in, and the Grand Prize Winner is:

Julie Moriarty.

Congratulations, Julie. Not sure what the prize will be, but...

I tried Turner's Tape. Worked like a charm. A bit fussy to get the piece in just the right position (even with the laser), but it held the small piece of wood like glue. A combination of Turner's Tape and a longer piece of wood could come in handy also.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Finally got the miter done. Whew!!!
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    OK, all the contest entries are in, and the Grand Prize Winner is:

Julie Moriarty.

Congratulations, Julie. Not sure what the prize will be, but...

I tried Turner's Tape. Worked like a charm. A bit fussy to get the piece in just the right position (even with the laser), but it held the small piece of wood like glue. A combination of Turner's Tape and a longer piece of wood could come in handy also.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Finally got the miter done. Whew!!!
    If you happen to have a blue-water sailboat lying around, that would be okay. If not a hearty handclasp will do.

Glad to hear it worked out Alan.