Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Looking for an economical laser engraver to be used in a high school technology class

David: Thanks for the detailed post. I hope it can help those interested in setting up a classroom lab.

With US made or distributed you will be pretty much ok, Ray @ Rabbit has supplied plenty machines into school environments and the big western names will all be to spec.

A direct machine and some distributor machines will not meet ANY of the requirements so can be a real nightmare. If you do go chinese then you really need something from a reputable US based company with good history and checkable background (Rabbit)

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

The new machines that have caught my interest and have offices in the United States are Boss Laser, Full Spectrum Laser, MorntechUSA an
    Great experience with sales and techs at Boss. Talking with Mike they offer discounts to educational inst. and can fly out and do a training work shop if needed not sure the cost. Im working towards a 16x30 as its more of a hybrid with US optics & Engrave Lab sofware.
    FS is not for me. Rumors floating around on CNC Zone say Hurricane has been indicted on criminal charges now?

I think this machine is good for the high school too.

Pls check here for detail.

STORM: CO2 Laser Cutter and Engraver 35W, about 22″ x 14″
    http://www.automationtechnologiesinc....lOUswqHo.dpuf

So when I was looking to buy a laser I came across this company. Another U.S. based company with china parts, but I called and they seemed to know what they were talking about.

Anyone purchase from them?

https://www.bosslaser.com/index.php/...FZRcfgodxikAmQ

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Hiya Matt

Attachment 289645

On the lasers, Chinese are safe and reliable IF they are prepped by a reputable company like HPC here in the Uk or Ray Scott at Rabbit over in the US. Outside of that they can be a nightmare

cheers

Dave
    I'm really jealous Dave I would love a place like that to fix up, must be a lot of history in that house.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Ron

Have you read previous threads relative to Engravlab software? I'm just curious why anybody would spend so much for so little.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7