Thread: Wood source for pickets

Wood source for pickets

I'm sitting in the Dallas airport waiting to find out when I can get home thought I'd use the occasion to ask if anyone knows of a source for some fence pickets I want. These will need to be about 1 1/4 inch square. I realize I could rip up a bunch of construction 2bys but I'm going to need a LOT of them. Anything like this available from anywhere commercially? Needs to be fairly knot free and 42 to 48 inches long.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

I'd look for a local saw mill operator. Can they get cyprus logs in Arkansas? If not, maybe go to The Forestry Forum and ask on there. Saw mill operators form all over the place on that site.

Lowes, HD etc, all stock treated pickets. Cheaper than ripping your own, plus any bad ones can be returned for credit. Can't do that with a board you've ripped apart.

Try some of the larger local fence installers.
    A lot of them are happy to make a quick buck by reselling components.

Last time I needed a couple dozen 6' x 4" dog eared cedar pickets a full 1" thick, I bought them through Acme Fence here in Akron.
    They ran me about half the cost of buying the raw cedar and cutting it to length & dog earing them.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

A large deck supplier here in the Denver area has lots of item like that for good prices. You may have the same.