Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wadkin PK slider table saw or Martin T17 slider ?

Since this thread is hijacked all ready, there is a T70 and a T71 for sale right now. Are there advantages and disadvantages to either model over the other? SCMI made a saw shaper in the 90s that moved the arbor sideways rather than the table so the blade and shaper could be used together. Cut the end and run the profile in one pass. I think there are several old US sliders that moved the table as well. Dave

Dave, sorry I only have experience with the oldest stuff, and the newest stuff Martin has imported T17, T75,T73,T75PreX, T21, and T26 so i have no input on the in between years. As for older American sliders, I have owned an American model #20 USB, I still have an American USB , and a Yates-American model #30 USB - these 3 saws, have far and away the smoothest and easiest to operate height and angle adjustments of any saws I've owned. I've also owned the Greenlee 495S
    slider which was fantastic as well, along with the Oliver 260 which didn't impress me all that much. I have also owned the Tannewitz J-250 non-slider which is the nicest looking cast iron Tanny out there I think, but the adjustments left a little to be desired.

I have a 1969 T17 and a 1979 T75 Martin saws.....Both are wonderful and both have pros and cons on their condition and use. I need to sell one or do I keep both and use the decommissioned one for parts. Not worth letting go for a few thousand dollars. What do you think?