Thread: Dust Collection

Question Dust Collection

Tired of looking , I am planning on using Pvc for my dust collection setup. Where do I find thin wall 4" pvc pipe?. Sch 40 and 80 are of course readily available. Thanks for any help/ info you can give me.

If you put in your location, someone would probably advise you.

You might try a plumbing and heating supply store, or an agricultural supply if there's one in your area. I've been told the Ag has the best prices but there's none in my area so I went P&H. They sell sewer and drain piping that's thinner walled and less expensive.
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

I'm in St. Cloud, MN. Thanks

I hate to admit it, but I got my S&D 4" from Home Depot.
    Paul

Menards has the best price around here.

4" S&D2729 should be at all the big box stores. 6" is usually a special order.

I paid $1.78/ft for 6". I sources it from a local plumbing supply house. Who was generous enough to give me the contractors price. I used some 4" from Menards as well. I paid $6.99 for 4"x10'. Menards is a good way to go.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

You got a good deal, Michael.. Here in Alaska it's FAAAR higher. More in the $4-5/ft range. Maybe its the freight. We pay a mint for bulky things.
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

Thanks for the help. I should be able to find this now that I know better what I'm looking for. Looks like it will run $8-$10 per 10' section.

Try Googling "Ferguson Enterprises" and at their website under "find dealers" select "waterworks". They have several locations in MN with one only 5 miles from St Cloud. They are a national plumbing supply firm. I got my 2729 6" PVC from them in CT