Thread: Diy dust collector motor

Diy dust collector motor

There is a guy on CL selling 2 separate, brand new HF dust collector units minus the blowers for pretty cheap.

Any ideas for a way to do something with or of them? Any other places to look for a blower?

I don't have a dust collector at all and looking to get in to something very basic as inexpensively as possible.

I'd give them a skip.
    Pretty much the main part of value on them is the motor/blower so unless you have some other use for a round piece of scrap metal I don't really see that they'd be worth much of anything.

You can get one new on sale for $150 so don't think that you'd do yourself a favor putting one together.

Yep, you'd probably spend more trying to buy a replacement motor than you would for the entire machine new. Even at full price, the HFDC is a steal all in itself, so start putting aside a little cash now.

Btw, the HFDC is regularly on sale for $199.99, so with a 20% off coupon, that would only be $160.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hays View Post
    Yep, you'd probably spend more trying to buy a replacement motor than you would for the entire machine new. Even at full price, the HFDC is a steal all in itself, so start putting aside a little cash now.

Btw, the HFDC is regularly on sale for $199.99, so with a 20% off coupon, that would only be $160.
    Their price varies depending on where you get the ad. When I bought mine it was on sale for around $199 in one magazine and in an auto magazine it was $150 so might be worth looking around at the different ads. In store ad showed 199 also. $50 is a decent savings