Thread: Refurbing my BS, Question for Import Owners

Refurbing my BS, Question for Import Owners

I've got a 12=14 year old Grizzly G1019Z BS and it uses the round guide blocks. Well those are getting harder to find and I want to convert to using the 1/2 x 1/2 cool blocks, NOT rollers. To do this I need to replace both the upper and lower guide block support. I know a number of parts from the Jet 14" saws work on my Grizzly. Could someone measure the guide block support shaft for me and let me know your model number. I can find Jet parts but Grizzly only has the parts for the round guide blocks. The rectangular shaft measurements should come out to something like 3/8w x 5/8h x 2L. It's just the part the holds the guide blocks.

Or if someone has done this before and has a different parts swap, please let me know. Thanks...

Also consider some other models of Grizzly saws may have the right part you're after, they've made quite a few different models.

Use a teak or lignum vitae turned dowel rods instead of the graphite synthane. The lignum is hard and very waxy. It will work extremely well. If you insist on cool blocks, epoxy a thin square piece on the end of a piece of cold rolled bar stock. Both are way cheaper than your ideas! You can also buy phenolic laminate rods. http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...4375&catid=679