Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What happened to class? All we have is crass.

Thanks Ray. John did send me a message telling me what it said. When it comes to words, I definitely lack creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    Ha ha...this is one of those times I followed Ray perfectly well. PM sent ROFL.
    thank you John

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    Thanks Ray. John did send me a message telling me what it said. When it comes to words, I definitely lack creativity.
    thank you David ,I work better with my hands too, maybe this is why people use 4-letter words sow often , two word phase " replace a thousands , I rather work by myself than talk
    A number of people are afflicted with a sickness call TIC"S which mean that you will utter a bad word without meaning to
    Last edited by ray hampton; 06-11-2013 at 3:46 PM.

Yes, tourettes. I can imagine that they were ostracized in the past for no good reason.

David,they allow all that ,and Paturno is gone !? Was it because he wasn't saying much? Never seen a stranger sight than his rigor mortised body being toted off in daylight under plastic too hazy to know for sure which finger he was holding up.Before someone asks what chisel is used for rigor mortising.....I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    Yes, tourettes. I can imagine that they were ostracized in the past for no good reason.
    I hope that the tourettes victims are not made to suffer by today society but I doubt this, we still got a excess of bullies walking among the free who seem to live to harass others

Old people have been complaining about society going down the tubes because of young peoples' actions since the dawn of time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    is a fox or a wolf a canine ? a female fox are a vixen , if foxes and wolves are canines then the word dog must be use to refer to the group of canine that will not included foxes or wolves
    do the library have a Genera bible [1560 ]
    this might be a worthy study, thank you
    Foxes, wolves, and dogs are from the Family "Canidae." These are subdivided into "true dogs" (tribe Canini) and "foxes" (tribe Vulpini). However, species is unrelated to sexual identification (names) of animals. Both pigs and bears are refered to as "boars and sows." They are of very different families and are in different orders in scientific classification.

Every responsible mammalogist or breeder I have met referred to the female dog using the "B" word in an matter of fact, non-derogatory way. I wouldn't refer to female humans that way or allow that in my presence.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pixley View Post
    Foxes, wolves, and dogs are from the Family "Canidae." These are subdivided into "true dogs" (tribe Canini) and "foxes" (tribe Vulpini). However, species is unrelated to sexual identification (names) of animals. Both pigs and bears are refered to as "boars and sows." They are of very different families and are in different orders in scientific classification.

Every responsible mammalogist or breeder I have met referred to the female dog using the "B" word in an matter of fact, non-derogatory way. I wouldn't refer to female humans that way or allow that in my presence.

I agree with you and I do not call this type of women happy hookers either because I doubt that they know how to fish

Blog Entries
    I generally agree with the conversation above. We have crass elements today, but we have always had crass elements in society. Fifty years ago, it would not have been out of place for some / many to use the "N" word to refer to African Americans. At least where I live, I could go years without hearing it. (Parantheically, there is an interesting geographic analysis of racial bias as represented in social media sites and craigslist) My point is that there is no universal standard. For that reason alone it can not and should not be legislated.

it seems as if we want to embrace the crasser elements of our society. Witness the "glorification" of rednecked, trash celebrety, and more "base" televison shows / magazines / other media. I think the phenomena is larger than the rudeness of society and language. Maybe we need a "Sputnik moment" for civility.

"Treat all others with respect. Not because he is a gentleman, but because you are"
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pixley View Post
    I generally agree with the conversation above. We have crass elements today, but we have always had crass elements in society. Fifty years ago, it would not have been out of place for some / many to use the "N" word to refer to African Americans. At least where I live, I could go years without hearing it. (Parantheically, there is an interesting geographic analysis of racial bias as represented in social media sites and craigslist) My point is that there is no universal standard. For that reason alone it can not and should not be legislated.

it seems as if we want to embrace the crasser elements of our society. Witness the "glorification" of rednecked, trash celebrety, and more "base" televison shows / magazines / other media. I think the phenomena is larger than the rudeness of society and language. Maybe we need a "Sputnik moment" for civility.

"Treat all others with respect. Not because he is a gentleman, but because you are"
    there are only two things that I treat gentle and this are explosives and babies so do not call me a gentleman , I would rather be call a redneck or some other name and I happen to know the Spanish word for the color black , I do not remember the name of the movie but the the American redman were call a red negro in the movie and I am afraid that this name-calling are still going on today by the bullies of the nations of this world

If you were in a group of people and shout -out loud "SOW, would any of the people know which sow you were thinking about

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Seth ,the laws are there .Easy enough to check. I'm trying to be happy anyway.Since you have that picture of Jefferson (or have an amazing resemblance to him)you might find this interesting .Jefferson and a boy of the family were walking and an approaching slave bowed to them .Jefferson bowed in return but the boy did not. After the servant was gone Jefferson corrected the boy by saying ,"Will you allow a negro to be more of a gentleman than you are ?" I think his point was that civility is not a debt to others anymore than a personal ornament desired by the wise.
    Mel,

Your cadence sounds like a voice from the Fine Woodworking forum, from time past. Be that you?

Yes, the avatar is Thomas Jefferson, but I don't suppose to be a devotee. I use him like a mathematical variable; he is X.

My tongue is firmly in my cheek, assuredly, pay no mind. For these kinds of posts, my intent is to take a line, and push it towards absurdity. I have wicked visions of a made-for-TV hatchet faced district attorney, attempting to maintain gravitas and professional comportment, whilst saying all manners of filthy words in the recitation of charges. I also wonder how much tax money would be burned in bringing a language vandal to justice.

I was also speaking to another fanciful notion: wouldn't it be funny if the source for a teen's vulgarity came not for TV or movies or music videos or peers, but from the everyday civic records available to citizens?

No, I would not want someone to fountain vulgarities in public, decency is a wonderful thing. But as we move from the comfort of our own mental gated community to interact with the unwashed heathens, there are just some things that are best ignored, rather than engaged. Our constitution does not identify F-bomb exclusions to the right of no prior restraint.

Cheers,

Seth aka hamelech at the FWW forums
    Play drums!

Thanks ,Seth. No,I'm not on any other forums. I hope your explanation of your outlook doesn't mean you think everything I write is serious. THAT SIR WOULD BE INSULTING!!

We have an accord! Baffoonery above sincerity.... gonna put that on a t shirt....
    Play drums!