Thread: First Commercial Work

First Commercial Work

I have been lurking on this forum for a short while and have taken the May class with Keith for the ADA signs. The following are before and after shots of the Tenure Board that I revamped for a commercial client. It will have 5X7 photos with brass name plates attached. The first picture shows the old board. The second shows the new board but with a refreshed sign. Originally this sign was attached at the same location on the old sign and the lettering was painted black. It took a few hours, (per Keith's instructions), but I was able to paint, with a combination of a 1 inch foam brush and a small artist brush the interiors of all of the v carving with Gold modeling paint. The new sign is fabricated in Mahogany with a sprayed cherry base toner, a sprayed laquear stain, and two sprayed coats of dull finish. This will be an interior hung piece. It will be delivered and installed tomorrow. misc Clancy woodworking & signs 097.jpgmisc Clancy woodworking & signs 095.jpgmisc Clancy woodworking & signs 099.jpg

Brian,

Very Nice! Your cabinet maker skills will no doubt allow you to design and fabricate some very nice signs. You"ll catch up with Jim McGrew before you know it
    Are you going to engrave the brass name plates?

Hi Keiththank you for the comments! they already have the original brass name plates but will ask them tomorrow to see one and how much they are paying to have them made. there you go again Keith.........got me thinking!!!! I think I have a long way to go before catching up to jim!

The gold lettering looks great. Looks like you had to pull several skill together to do this. Excellent.
    CAMaster Cobra X3 408 w/Recoil
    BobCAD V25
    Corel Draw X5

Precision Sign and Post
    Windham, NH

thanks Rich. I think the biggest skill is mastering patience!

Very nice work Brian. I see that Keith's sign techniques are being put to good use!

Hi Gary, thanks for the comments. I appreciate it. I deliver and installed the sign yesterday and they liked how it turned out so I'm happy about that. I installed using z clips and that was a piece of cake! I really like using that hanging system as its very strong, very versatile, and inexpensive. The painting of the gold lettering was the longest but most satisfying part of the job.

Brian

That looks great. Welcome to SMC.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7