Thread: CLTT results on subli metal ( no pics tho)

CLTT results on subli metal ( no pics tho)

A container of goods arrived this Monday and in I had imported 350 sheets of 0.4mm Subli metal. %0 each of 7 "colours" pearlised god , silver , white and 2 types of brushed gold and 2 types brushed silver.

At any rate over the last few months , when there is a bit of spare time , we been fiddling with our CLTT process , making some samples etc..had good results with the trials.

HOWEVER when we tried on the subli metal I brought in from China... the results were downright STUNNING...colours came out brighter , black was crisper and transfer was much better and a lot quicker.

Scratch resistance was exceptional , the only way I could remove anything was to take a scotch pad to it... I was very impressed. So now we going full steam ahead to produce a great range of items using the subli metal (obviously coated)

The sheets I brought in are 600x400mm (24" x 16") Enough for 4 A4 or 8 A5 plaques.
    I thought the price was very reasonable .. $2.50 per sheet landed cost .. or $0.85c per sq ft...

Quality is VERY good as well.. all my suppliers Ex china seemed to have upped their game big time , we ordered a couple 100 A4 and A5 MDF faux wood plaques ( around $2 for the A4 and about $1.30 for the A5 and were totally stunned at the beautiful finish ...no vinyl wrapping , just a durable paint type finish that looks like expensive real wood..wish I had ordered more , we thought we might be getting just something ok'ish at that price which we could use for folk with extremely stretched budgets...

Same with the marble bases I ordered , superb finish , no chips or signs of carelessness with polishing and edges. Nice consistent black colour . I have no idea how this is done for the price , a 2.5" x 2.5" x 1.2" (60 x 60 x 30mm) with a hole , countersunk from the bottom is $0.25c landed !!!!
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Rodney

I recently purchased brushed silver and brushed gold Chinese sub metal from JDS for about $2.50 per 12"x24" (600mm x 300mm) sheet. I sent it all back as the grain and color didn't match what I perceive to be the industry standard. The price is about $2.00 per sheet lower than US made but I couldn't deal with the color and grain differences. I did use one sheet of gold and it worked as well as uni-sub or dyna-sub.

I generally post bake CLT to harden the finish.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Mike , I have no idea of what the industry std is with respect to brushed silver and gold subli stuff is , mine looks the same as most engraving lams or the brushed anacoil we get.
    On bare metal , i can easily scratch the CLT off , on this subli stuff , its impossible , I didn't post bake or anything.
    I'm surprised the CLT works much better on coated metal..our local magic touch supplier recommended this to me..I didn't believe him
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

I always use coated metal but not necessarily sub metal. The gold color on the Chinese metal was more yellow and could not be mistaken for the stuff i normally use. The brush grain was also different.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7