Thread: Any source for lengths of mini t-bar inserts for mini t-track??

Any source for lengths of mini t-bar inserts for mini t-track??

I'm looking for someone/where that produces longer lengths of mini t-bar like the pic below....it fills the void in the mini t-track. However, all I can find are the ~1inch inserts for circle jigs/stops....I'd like to find at least 1 foot lengths that I can use as a counterpart to the mini track and provide a sliding type miter bar for some unique applications I'm working on....using/making some from more flexible UHMWP strips is not an option as I do not want any flex in the system....someone has to be making this in longer lengths extrusions and cutting them for these 1" inserts and for t-slot nuts but I can't find a source anywhere?

mini-t-track-block.jpg

thanks in advance for your time and trouble....love the site and just now getting my shop finalized after years in the house and jerry-rigging every time I need to do a chore.

I would think you could get some aluminum stock and use a carbide router bit to mill the small rabbit to make your own

I'm not sure a bit would survive that....and since I don't have a router mounted in a table it would be extremely difficualt to get these kind of tolerances clamping down such small bar stock and hitting it with a normal carbide router bit.

Blog Entries
    Aluminum actually mills quite well with carbide cutters. Not sure what the application is but, Rockler makes a plastic insert that is for a measuring strip. I have made such things out of white oak with good success but, the lack of a router table or shaper will hinder your ability to do this reliably and repeatedly. Another option would be to just call Eagle and ask them if they would sell you a length of it.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Pete - I've spent a lot of time searching for long lengths of mini t-bar inserts for mini t-track. So far, I've found nothing. It's been a while since your post; and, I wonder, have you found any source. Meanwhile, I hope you found a solution to your problem. Thanks for a reply.
    Barry

What about fashioning something from the Miter Track & T-Bar Combo sold here: LINK
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

My son has a power wheelchair and we've also spent time looking for similar long "T-bar" stock to no success. We use it to attach accessories to his chair (like laptops, communication devices, etc) The longest ones I've found are about 4 inches and were expensive.

In my shop, I ended up milling a piece of UHMW plastic to fit in the slot and using that. Not as strong as aluminum, but it drills well for bolts - and as long as it stays fully captured in the T-track, it is very strong. Plus, it loosens up and re-positions very easily.
    Last edited by Ted Phillips; 08-22-2017 at 11:28 AM.

8. Ben - It's easy to find inserts for Miter T Tracks. Finding a long insert for a MINI Miter T Track does not seem possible!
    Barry

Blog Entries
    I would suggest contacting someone like Peach Tree Woodworking and ask if they can obtain longer lengths. The T-insert is an extrusion so it likely comes in very long lengths.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I'll have to eat my words.

Just found this at Fastenal - you can have the stock cut to any length you like, but will need to drill and tap it for 1/4-20 bolts yourself.

0961768.jpg

https://www.fastenal.com/products/de...0T-Nuts%22%7C~