Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jobsite TS recommendstions...

Michael,
    I had an old 8" Makita with the Rouseau fence. It's a solid performer. The downsides are that it makes for a big unit and it's kind of heavy. In my opinion, it's not as portable as the other saws talked about here. I replaced the Makita/Rouseau after about 10 years of good service with the DeWalt 745 and haven't looked back. While it doesn't have the rip capacity of the bigger saws, it does the job for me. I've been using one on site for 5-7 years now with a shop built stand and it's done everything I've asked of it.
    Hope this helps,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Mac McQuinn View Post
    IMO, nothing destroys property values quicker than constant noise in your neighborhood.
    Mac
    How about a meth lab? I hear those are pretty bad too... For property values.

Lol!!!
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

Also, please share what type of work you're doing and what you're work flow is like w/o the jobsite saw now that you use the Festool TS55EQ. Particularly in instances where you don't have enough time to rip stuff at the shop.
    Type of work = just about anything that needs done.(I do house rehabs) I get around ripping mostly by planning what I need for each job & sticking to some "standards".
    On older houses for instance, where I'm replacing doors w/new prehung doors, I either order the jambs larger if I can. If I need to pull a stock door, I make sure I have an ample supply of pre-ripped jamb extensions. Same for windows & window trim.
    There's a lot more - but -I'm really pressed for time right now. I'll have to get back to this later.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Can anyone confirm if the Rosseau stands will fit the Bosch 4100? The item description says "fits Bosch 4000". Does that include the 4100-09?
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

I just picked up a brand new in box Dewalt 744 for 300 off of Craigslist and I couldn't be happier. This is the second one I have owned and they have both been great. The fence is amazing, the power is more then enough and if you put a good blade on it, it will do pretty good work. The stand is just fine, and I often wonder if the wheels and all of the gravity rise stand stuff is even needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dunn View Post
    What do you guys think of this Rosseau setup? It ain't cheap, but it sure seams productive and useful...

They also have the outfeed support as well. It works with the Bosch 4100-09.
    I had mine with a makita I ran it for 15 years of construction then loaned it to my nephew,
    I may never get it back but thats ok.
    he will get quite a few more years out of it
    loved the fence!
    Carpe Lignum

Your friend was right on: rigid and bosch make the two best. I was split over which one to get until I found out the bosch doesn't have a blade height lock, that tipped me toward the rigid. I have no complaints with the rigid and if you submit their paperwork exactly as they say it does have genuine lifetime repair.