Thread: Gerber Software

Gerber Software

Good Morning (Or afternoon),

I've been working with the Gerber software for a couple of months now and I am ready to do some more advanced designing with it, but I'm having trouble finding tutorials or reference materials.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Shug
    Gerber Composer, Omega, & Edge
    Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
    --------------------------------
    Previously: Epilog Legend EXT 75W

I have used Gerber Composer since the late 1990s, and have never seen any tutorials on it.
    I was given several hours of training and provided with additional support by the sign supply staff that I bought it from. Being specifically for signs, it does have great capabilities over other more generic graphics programs such as Corel, including the capability to design and save your own fonts.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I just started to try and use this composer and am having a great deal of difficulty with. Just purchased a used Gerber FX and the G
    S15 plotter, I also couldn't find any instruction for this program.

It has to be difficult to use the Edge without training, I when I looked at them the vendor offered a full week training in the price. It would probably be worth paying for a class. There are some available. It's often helpful to search for blogs or forums for users of a product, who have
    found resources. Most vendors offer training for a fee on used equipment. Here at the Creek I doubt there are more than a handful of Gerber users.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green