Thread: Probotix Fireball Meteor with Gsimple

Probotix Fireball Meteor with Gsimple

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has run their Fireball Meteor machine with the program Gsimple.

I tried following the first tutorial on the Gsimple site (drilling a hole) and I am getting an error which says requested tool 2 not found.
    I'm pretty new to this machine, would love some help getting it to work with Gsimple.

or if there are any other alternative programs that would work better ?

here is a txt file of the cnc file I was running on the machine.
    it says the error is near line 13 which would be "N13 G28 Z25. "

any help would be great, thanks !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sterling Wong; 06-19-2013 at 7:04 PM.
    Epilog Mini 60 Watt
    Trotec Speedy 300 60 Watt

The only thing I see is the Z25. The first N13 is a line number and the G28 is normal. If you are in metric the z value is approximately one inch. If you're in inches then you've got real trouble.

I don't see a tool command like T2002 M6 though.

you mean the file is missing an actual tool command? Hm I just followed the gsimple tutorial and this is what it keeps giving me.
    I'm using mm, not inches also
    Epilog Mini 60 Watt

I don't know about your controller, but for my Fanuc, the G-Code will include the T and M commands to respectively identify and change tools. Check your code around that line number and see if you see anything similar. MS Notepad is a good search tool for this. (Ctrl F)
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Ok I redid the tutorial and I do have the commands with the T and M for the tools I assume. However it still says can't find tools. I can find the add tools option in the software that runs the machine but I have no idea how the input / works. It just doesn't seem to be able to read the tool commands / tools from Gsimple
    Epilog Mini 60 Watt