Thread: TS blade sharpening

TS blade sharpening

I have a couple of Forrest and Freud blades that I need to have sharpened and was wondering if anyone knew of a good place in the DFW area to have that done?

Thanks
    Steve

I just used www.longhornsaw.com to sharpen a few tablesaw blades and was happy with their price and quality. It looks like a Ma & Pa place with 2-3 other guys working for them, but they had a lot of bigger blades for big customers they work on too, which gave me a little more confidence in using them the first time.

Other than that, call the local woodcraft or rockler and ask them. The woodcraft in Houston I used to use had drop-off and pick-up with a local sharpener every week so you could just drop your tools off at the store and pick them up the next week.
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

I send my blades back to Forrest to have them resharpened.

Steve, I just got some router bits back from Woodcraft here in Austin. All TX Woodcrafts use Cooks in San Marcos. Done here its a week turn around. My bits came back better then new and not expensive.

I sent a blade to Cooks maybe 1 1/2 years ago or so. They have a coupon on their site for the first one free. I sent a Systimatic 60 tooth laminate blade. Came back perfect! I won't hesitate to send another blade to them. If you have several blades, use the USPS one rate boxes, separate blades with 1/4" foam or Styrofoam. You can ship quite a few blades for a cheap price. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Turbett View Post
    I send my blades back to Forrest to have them resharpened.
    Me too. Price likely a bit higher than other sources, but I've always found the quality of their service to be top-notch.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Thanks everyone!

Another plus for Cook's.
    I'm a Creeker, yes I m.
    I fries my bacon in a wooden pan.