Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Made In America - Sold Out

Although SawMill Creek is not for sale we receive offers on occasion from companies who are in the business of acquiring Internet Properties. Just last week we had an offer from another company to purchase The Creek which we considered but it will be refused in spite of the number of zero's in the offer.

The day will most likely come when I will no longer be able to continue as your host and when that day comes ownership of The Creek will pass to someone else or possibly to the Members of this Community. Today I am am good health and content to keep working for you folks so we will keep the lights on here for awhile longer.

Until then please help me pay the bills by becoming a Contributor, buying our Archive DVD's, hats and T-Shirts so I don't have to worry about our finances. We don't ask much in the way of donations each year so it is easy for everyone to help out, many hands make light work of the the job paying the bills. Donations lighten the load on my having to market banner advertisements which has become a job in itself these last few years and it takes a huge chunk of my time that I would rather be spending on your side of The Creek.

Sorry for the shameless plug folks, I rarely do this publicly as it is the side of this job that I dislike.

On the bright side I have signed another contract with our Internet provider that will increase our bandwidth by two and a half times. I am also considering bringing another server online that we might use to provide more SawMill Creek services. I have a meeting Monday morning to discuss some options for the new server as I would like to open a few more doors here that everyone would appreciate. The reason I am not sharing any specifics is because I don't have the expertise in this area so I need to get some help and good advice rather than spending our limited financial reserves on a reckless idea. Before we do anything or make any final decisions we will be discussing our options in the Lumber Yard Forum so you can share your comments, concerns and ideas.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 07-21-2013 at 1:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    The only answer to this question that matters to me is that I would know that I violated a promise I made here a very long time ago.
    Keith, Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Although SawMill Creek is not for sale we receive offers on occasion from companies who are in the business of acquiring Internet Properties. Just last week we had an offer from another company to purchase The Creek which we considered but it will be refused in spite of the number of zero's in the offer.

The day will most likely come when I will no longer be able to continue as your host and when that day comes ownership of The Creek will pass to someone else or possibly to the Members of this Community. Today I am am good health and content to keep working for you folks so we will keep the lights on here for awhile longer.

Until then please help me pay the bills by becoming a Contributor, buying our Archive DVD's, hats and T-Shirts so I don't have to worry about our finances. We don't ask much in the way of donations each year so it is easy for everyone to help out, many hands make light work of the the job paying the bills. Donations lighten the load on my having to market banner advertisements which has become a job in itself these last few years and it takes a huge chunk of my time that I would rather be spending on your side of The Creek.

Sorry for the shameless plug folks, I rarely do this publicly as it is the side of this job that I dislike.

On the bright side I have signed another contract with our Internet provider that will increase our bandwidth by two and a half times. I am also considering bringing another server online that we might use to provide more SawMill Creek services. I have a meeting Monday morning to discuss some options for the new server as I would like to open a few more doors here that everyone would appreciate. The reason I am not sharing any specifics is because I don't have the expertise in this area so I need to get some help and good advice rather than spending our limited financial reserves on a reckless idea. Before we do anything or make any final decisions we will be discussing our options in the Lumber Yard Forum so you can share your comments, concerns and ideas.
    Kieth,

When the time for that discussion comes. Will you please post a note of invitation in the General forum. So that those who do not visit the Lumber Yard on a regular basis may have an opportunity to participate.

Regards,
    James