Thread: Breakfast Bed Trays

Breakfast Bed Trays

Looking for either a plan or an image on how to attach folding legs to the tray and any ideas on how to have the legs fold up and stay in place. I was thinking perhaps a maganet or something..??

Any feedback appreciates.

Andy

Here's some pics Andy...I bet the magnet idea would work pretty good if you embedded the magnet at a position near the pivot point...that way, they'd hold the legs in place but not cause undue strain as the leg was pulled away. You know..like at a lateral position at the tray skirt to the leg face.

Now I want to make some
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart
    Here's some pics Andy...I bet the magnet idea would work pretty good if you embedded the magnet at a position near the pivot point...that way, they'd hold the legs in place but not cause undue strain as the leg was pulled away. You know..like at a lateral position at the tray skirt to the leg face.

Now I want to make some
    Holy smokes bud, that first one is a done deal!!! I really like the design, will change a few things but that is exactly what I was looking for....stay tuned, should have three of these ready to post by friday and THANKS SO MUCH!

I stole those pictures from a couple of internet stores a while back..(don't remember where) But I like the first one too. Yours will probably be much nicer. I look forward to your pictures!
    ~john

I love it; a cabriole leg bed tray. I am sure this is an Eighteenth century piece.
    Alan Turner
    Philadelphia Furniture Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Turner
    I love it; a cabriole leg bed tray. I am sure this is an Eighteenth century piece.
    Allen, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a ball and claw would add interest.

Richard

Wow, I really like that first one as well! I had never seen one that I really liked. Thanks for the pics.
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

So how's the trays Andy? Ain't heard in a while. Did something step in the way? (that's the story of MY life!!)
    ~john