Thread: Help needed setting up limit switches in linux cnc.

Help needed setting up limit switches in linux cnc.

Recently I have been changing over the drives on my 2nd build router.
    It was inspired by Patrick Hood Daniels Blacktoe cnc machine. The chain and belt drive however were giving lots of problems so I decided to replace the drives with lead screws. So far I have been running the machine without limit or homing switches.
    Problems do arise when the g540 cuts out or the machine loses steps, therefore the new limit switches.

I'm now installing my homing and limit switches. I put a nc switch on a test line and changed the step-config file to home the x axis, when pressed it should home the x axis, or think it has homed the x axis. This is where the problems start.

When I press 'Home Axis' the x axis starts to move back at the set rate of 1mm per second, when I press the limit/homing switch nothing happens!

I double checked the wiring, all ok from where I look at it. I made sure the printer cable is straight through wired and the computer printer port is set to EEP. Another test, still the same. I suspect a problem in the step-config file. I have attached a few pics to make things a bit clearer. Picture 3 shows the inputs for the g540 dropped down to a connector bar.
    Any ideas what to do to get the switches working?

Thanks Gary.
    Attached Images Attached Images