Thread: Another "scraps" project

Another "scraps" project

Not real pretty - but - functional & aside from some 1/2" #6 screws for the piano hinge, free.
    I had to replace the roof on a tool shed and had some 1/2" OSB left over.
    I recalled a project from an old issue of Wood magazine where they used 1/2" Baltic Birch to make a Kreg jig organizer so I figured why not use the USB.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Thats neat Rich. Looks like a good use of material to me. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Fred

Nice idea. Thought about making it 3 doors so you can access the side storage while the center is in use?

3 doors is a great idea! Thanks!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Fellow NEO-ite: Can't leave anything alone, eh? Me neither. After seeing yours, I'm thinking of modifying mine by adding an undercabinet and drawer(s). Been looking for a place to keep all those GD screws and bits anyway.

kregjigstops.jpg
    Last edited by Tom Hammond; 07-01-2013 at 1:05 PM.

Tom,
    I keep the screws in some of those plastic stackable bins. Menards, down in Massillon, runs them on sale (the bins) fairly often for $.50 ea w/a $.50 rebate - making them free.
    The compartment dividers inside are more for strength than anything else - but - it is a handy place to store the drill and driver bits.

Thanks - I use a lot of scrapes to make shop accessories