Thread: Largest Wildfire Firefighter Tragedy Ever in Arizona

Largest Wildfire Firefighter Tragedy Ever in Arizona

19 Firefighters from the Prescott Hot Shot Wildfire Crew died today fighting a wildfire in Yarnell, AZ. The crew was working the backside of the fire when the wind reversed direction and surrounded them before rescuers could get to them. The fire also took half of the town of Yarnell, destroying 250 homes and businesses.
    Yarnell is about 25 miles from Wickenburg and about 50 miles from my house. When I went outside this evening, the smell of smoke was very strong.
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizon...d-Arizona.html

Such a horrible tragedy, my thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the firefighters and to the people of Yarnell.
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

I hold no person higher than those who daily put their lives on the line for the rest of us.

My sincere condolences and prayers for those fire fighers and their families.

Words are always so inadequate.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 07-01-2013 at 1:00 AM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Kathy, thank you for letting us know about this. Prayers for all of the families of the firefighters, for the rest of those battling the fire in intense heat, and for those who lost their homes.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Our hearts and prayers go out to the families of those who lost loved ones during this trajedy. Continue to pray for those still battling this fire and that they will get it contained soon.
    "When the horse is dead, GET OFF."

thank you so much Kathy for this new update

May God bless them and their families, they are true heroes
    Aspire to inspire before you expire.

SMC is user supported. Please consider donating. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Those who risk their live for us are special. God Bless 'em.

Bush Fires in Australia are fairly common and I have been in the middle of a few and had one literally go right over me. People who knowingly put their lives on the line and do not seek anything more than to return to their loved ones have my admiration in spades. Don't forget those that had to deal with the aftermath, they most probably knew these men, it will affect them for the rest of their lives.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

After 35 years as a helicopter pilot in Canada, we flew with many fire crews throughout the summers. This is a tragedy beyond words, and my thoughts and prayers are with the families that have lost love ones.

The job they do is amazing, and their dedication to the job is the same. But when Mother Nature turns on crews it breaks the heart and soul of all of us.

God Bless each and everyone, and their families.

Keith
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...