Thread: Pacific N/W boaters

Pacific N/W boaters

I am seeking info and advice, my father built a 32' power boat in the early 40's at Tacoma, WA. He passed away in the 70's, and I lost track of the boat, My son is building a 38' Sailboat and taking a video of each step along the away. I do have 8mm movies of my dad's boat showing each step of construction.

My son wants to combine both the movies and his video into one when his sailboat is finished.
    My question is does anyone know how would I begin research if my dads boat still exists and where.
    Any info would be appreciated, I do know my dads Washington state Boat ID number and I have checked with the state to no avail.
    Thank You
    Don Nicholas
    Lakewood, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Don Nicholas View Post
    My question is does anyone know how would I begin research if my dads boat still exists and where. Any info would be appreciated, I do know my dads Washington state Boat ID number and I have checked with the state to no avail.
    Thank You Don Nicholas Lakewood, WA
    Best bet might be to find the old timers at the marina where your dad kept the boat. They would recall a boat like that and might have some idea of its fate. I doubt there are many boats that old still around, but one never knows. Googling can turn up some amazing things, but you've probably tried that. The combined video is a great idea for a family project. Good luck.

Contact the Classic Yacht Assoc. in Seattle. They have a wealth of information and if anyone can help you they can.
    Paul M If God had wanted us to have fiberglass boats, he would have given us fiberglass trees.

I would publicly thank Paul Miller for his response to my post. I looked into his info and I have made contact with the current owner and it is possibly my dad's boat(yet to be confirmed).

I do thank Paul for his info.
    Cheers
    Don

WOW! What a long shot and it looks like it will turn out for the better. Good Job!

Check and see if the state could/would give the hull serial number that should have been issued when he was building. Maybe you could use that to trace it down. Check and see if any clubs are around for old boats.