Thread: Help with setting up online shopping cart

Help with setting up online shopping cart

Maybe someone here can help. I'm looking to setup an online shopping cart. On the back end, I want to be able to do things like manage/export customer data, print shipping labels (including USPS if possible). All of the make my life easy stuff. I also need to integrate with some sort of accounting software. I currently have Quickbooks, which I absolutely despise and no longer use, and I've been playing with kBilling, which I absolutely love but doesn't integrate with anything. Grrrrrrr..

What do I need to do to make this happen?

Do you have a budget? Or you looking for free? How many transactions a month?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Do you have a budget? Or you looking for free? How many transactions a month?
    Low volume. If I hit 50 a month to start, I'll be happy. If I start getting close to 100, I'm going to have to get a real office and hire help. Free is always best, I guess, but I'll entertain anything. I'm looking at ZipCart at the moment because it seems to integrate with everything I need. I'm also considering 3DCart based on the feature set, but their website is absolutely awful. I can't make sense of exactly what it is I'm buying. Is it software? Is is web hosting? Do I have to move my website entirely to their hosting platform? I have no idea. I need to contact them.

I'm also considering just grabbing a local design firm around here, and just tossing them the whole problem to handle. Redesign my website, setup the cart, host it, integrate it the way I want it integrated, etc. I may just end up doing that, depending on what they charge me. Time is not my friend, at the moment!

I just installed ZenCart and I've dealt with online carts on and off over the years. Seems things haven't changed much in that area. They all still seem to require a lot of work to get up and going, on the back end.

I have a customer that went with Shopify (google it). I thought it was expensive, but they said it's dead simple and they love it. It does cost them per month and there is a transaction charge. They repeatedly tell me how simple it is to add products and make adjustments. Might be worth taking for a test drive.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Ah..exactly the kind of guidance I was hoping to get. I'll look that up, Scott. I don't mind paying a bit if it saves me some time. I actually wouldn't mind getting a little sleep some time this year, and I'm willing to pay a couple of bucks if that's what it takes! I swear, I never thought I'd miss just lying down and doing nothing.