Thread: Grizzly Mobile base for table saws

Grizzly Mobile base for table saws

Is anyone using one of Grizzly's mobile bases under their cabinet saw? I'm debating whether to order one along with my 690 cabinet saw but it seems like it might wobble a bit with just the four stabilizer posts. How well do they work? Do they provide a sturdy base?

Thanks

I have one on a 1023 so the rt table has 2 legs. I dont even use the stabilizers on the base if on flat concrete. I dont even notice that i have it until time to move it

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Arney View Post
    Is anyone using one of Grizzly's mobile bases under their cabinet saw? I'm debating whether to order one along with my 690 cabinet saw but it seems like it might wobble a bit with just the four stabilizer posts. How well do they work? Do they provide a sturdy base?

Thanks
    Thanks... Good to know!

I have the heavy duty mobile base and extension under my G0691. I did replace two of the fixed casters with swivel casters to make it much easier to move the saw around. It is very solid.

I reluctantly bought a shop fox base with my G690. I say "reluctantly" because I read a lot of negative comments but could not find anything better. It worked so well that I bought another one when I recently bought a used G1018 jointer.
    Take off a full blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/2 blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/4 blade - How the H--- can it be 1/4" short????

I have the Shop Fox under my G0444Z TS. It has been a good mobile base, and I'd buy it again.
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

I have what I believe is the heavy duty base under my G0623X. I have been very pleased with it.

They have a HD and a super heavy duty 1300hd rated one. If you look close you can see the SHD one has metal wheels in the picture. I would suggest that one. Looks like they are on sale this week.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.