I have had my Epilog laser for almost 9 months now.. I learn new things almost every day.. A new thing i was pondering is X/Y Location in relation from the laser to Corel Draw X6... Stay with me here.. And sorry if this sounds like a Newbie Question...

Can you use the X/Y Cordinate's From the Epilog Laser Red Dot pointer... Would it be the exact same in relation to the X/y Location in Corel Draw ?

I am sure this is a obvious question.. I have been approaching stuff in a very simple manner.. When i engrave something usually i just find the center of the medium i am engraving and engrave.. I never took into consideration the X/Y Cordinates... This would help out allot if i was mapping a object out in Corel Draw using the red dot pointer on my laser.. The Irregular objects that need precise measuring take me a long time to figure out the exact Alignment. Usually i am using the rulers on the side of the laser as a reference or using a small area that i have set up in Corel draw and do a Center engraving...

Just wonder if some one can give me some information and personal strategy... Since i have my laser at my store and live 40 miles away its hard for me to just run over to the laser and figure it out... Its easier to ask on Saw Mill.. Get the correct information.. Then when i go into town to do some work for some customers i have time afterwards or b4 to test out the new things i have learned..

Any information would be appreciated.. Just expanding my knowledge so i can get past the learning curve. Then i can pass the information onto the next person on sawmill creek if the ever need assistance...

Sorry if this sounds confusing.. When i am typing a email or am posting a thread i tend to type off the top of my head. So when i am trying to convey a point or ask a question sometimes people get a little confused.. I am still learning. I hardly ever did read much of the manual. I did all my learning through the internet...

Thanks every one for you support and information... There have been allot of people here that have helped me. I can admit that i still have allot to learn but sometimes u wont know tell u ask or try to look for yourself.