Thread: Anyone still using Epson R1800 for Sublimation?

Anyone still using Epson R1800 for Sublimation?

Got a message call from Johnson Plastic today while I was out delivering some Vinyl Signs. Sawgrass is discontinuing the R1800 Sublimation Ink... bummer...

Anyone still using a R1800 for Sublimation?

AL

Having fun with Red Film Street Signs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AL Ursich; 07-13-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Looks like I was one of the only R1800 Holdouts. No more ink will be made for it and all stock is gone. I saw that they supported the R1900 and asked but the Ink formula is different.

Looks like a new 13 x 19 is in my future about 6 months from now. As Martha Stewart would say.... "A Good Thing"....

Don Shaw at JP and Bret at Sawgrass both were Very Helpful.

Don sold me my system in 2007... And adventure as the UPS Dual Trailer caught on fire and 1/2 the stuff was burned up...

New Gel Printer and I will be good for another 6 years...

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

You will be happy with Gel inks. I just bought an older set up for home Ricoh GX e3300n, got a great deal, with a Stahls smaller press, a mug press
    a Silhouette Cutter, and an Epson 1400 (sold that and bought a Epson WF 7050 pigment inks for tees).

As if I don't do enough of this at work, now I have to do it at home....

Are you using the standard ICC profile. The one I use at work Conde wants $100, it is a nice profile, it's free if you buy a printer, maybe if I buy enough ink.

It's a shame about the R1800, I had a photography job and did an edition of photo books a while back, had to buy 4 of these to make the deadline, but it was

a very, very good paying job.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

I use the Standard Profile. I do some logos and small pictures but pretty much basic colors. Nothing exciting....

I believe it will be fun to get a new printer. I still have the option of getting another supported Epson and stay with that type of ink. But I believe that the soon to expire patten "might" be leading the push for the Gel that has a few more years.

Dollar for Dollar Sublimation give me the most bang for the buck... I have a product line of Fire Dept stuff that I can do for years with the Value Added Epoxy Doming.

But it is not all Roses... The small order of Orange tags is the only pay order.... All the other tags are Warranty FREE Replacement Tags from my Epoxy Doming problem last year... Used a thicker version and by winter the the tags warped when cold... Back to the old stuff...

AL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AL Ursich; 07-15-2013 at 9:09 PM.