Thread: Neanders sans frontier - thanks to Jim Matthews

Neanders sans frontier - thanks to Jim Matthews

Hi everybody, later I will explaine why I write this letter only today. Frankly spoken it should to be wrote 2 months ago, but I have had a reason to do it today.

At the beginning of April I've started a new thread and asked a question which SiC grit I need to flatten waterstones.
    Almost immediately Jim Matthews proposed me his Shapton plate and Shapton authentic abrasives for waterstones flattening.

After some exchange of letters Jim sent me a parcel with above mentioned goods.
    Here, in Ukraine we have had long spring holidays, from 1 May till 6, and from 9 till 12.
    My birthday is 10 May, so the parcel from Jim Matthews, arrived 14 May was a real Birthday Gift for me!
    Especially when I've opened it and found real treasures
    Shapton waterstone honing plate
    2 bottles with Shapton SiC powder - authentical bottles
    moreover - niciest set of 5 FIVE! Record Marbles butt chisels HO-HO!
    And Veritas made thing for champher made - as always I use it and after read instructions ;-))

So the enoung hard part of letter - why I write now but not earlier.

After some conversation with Jim I've choosed two thing for him as a gift. Authentical 100% Ukrainian hand made things. But for sending these things abroad of Ukraine I need an aprovement from our local authorities. Term of expertise is usually 2-3 weeks. They made this expertise and print permision for sending things abroad Ukraine from the 4 week of april and I've received it only 9 July.
    As Jim did it earlier I did the same - moved to the post and sent a parcel.
    Every day from 9 July I tracked parcel number via Ukrainian post and now via USPS tracking utilities. Today I saw that last tracking city was closer to the Jim Matthews city than some days ago.
    And because parcel is on its prescribed way, because I sure that US post will deliver these things to Jim not eaten and beaten, I post today.

And last - Jim, thank you againe for your gift on my birthday, you really made neander woodworking sans frontiers!

jim is a fantastic guy in a forum full of them!

Your English is certainly better than my Russian!!!(or any other language)

Blog Entries
    Yes, people finding accord, can't have too much of that!