Thread: small vac hold downs --vac pucks and tests

small vac hold downs --vac pucks and tests

http://youtu.be/5Sqm1MnQe7Y second vac puck with a pass through fitting

http://youtu.be/LvuIyXXKgPY testing 2 pucks with various materials
    This system works good and its flexible ,just screw the pucks down to the table and place your material on top
    Some rough materials will not grab ie butternut bandsawed
    Attached Images Attached Images

How thick are your pucks? Are those your own design? I have a 17 cfm 10-4 Torr 1 HP Welch vacuum pump that I still haven't put into action. I also have plenty of corian that I could make pucks from. The only possible thing I could see adding to your design is a support in the middle for smaller items that might deform. Looks like you might need to tape down those hoses during cutting.
    CAMaster Cobra X3 408 w/Recoil
    BobCAD V25
    Corel Draw X5

Precision Sign and Post
    Windham, NH

yes i designed them,and i could leave the centre in but it does not help thin panels get sucked in,this is good for 3/8 up or slip a piece of masonite under your work
    These are 3/4 thick orings are about 5/16 thick screw spots are machined down to 3/8 to clear the router bit
    I also have 1 in for 2 sided pucks

the white one is just a flat circle with a groove for the gasket and a hole trough the material that I attached a fitting and vac it has hooks on the back to use a sling on to lift a sheet and place it on my table.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i like your square black ones ,the adjustable grooves for diiferent size orings,lee valley tools sell the venturi puck that looks like yours
    more machining but once you have the file ,you have it

I made the file for the square ones in about 5 minutes. I don't use o rings I use the 25330 gasket material from BVC

i wonder where i could get that type of gasket material here in ontario,is it sticky on one side

Just a thought on the Gasket Material... Home Centers sell 6 inch wide rubber with sticki on one side to seal around windows and the home frame. Just a thought that it might work..

AL

http://www.cofair.com/window.aspx
    Last edited by AL Ursich; 07-17-2013 at 9:58 PM.
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

The gasket material is like and o ring only softer and you buy it by the foot. it has 3 square sides and 1 rounded.

i will look around home depot and rona