Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Man I sure do love my Festool ATF55

Jay,

I agree with your point that it shouldn't have been taken off topic. However, it seems like nothing in a forum stays "on topic"

IMHO, if someone did start a post "F vs E shoot out" it should be promptly deleted or locked. No sense in inviting trouble

I feel we are pretty much on the same page here
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Coffelt
    There's been long debates about these versus the standard old CS. Yes, there are many different options out there in the market from building your own straight edge with Hardbaord and a straight-edge to basic clamp type systems from a number of folks to a system approach with Festool and EZ.
    (Emphasis added by Greg Mann)

Way back in post #12, Scott, the originator of this thread, made a comparison between the older techniques and the modern. It sure appears to me that he basically put both Festool and EZ together in the modern camp. This was, by the way, the first reference to EZ in this thread, one in which they were equated rather than differentiated. If this had been acknowledged at the time much dis-harmony could have been avoided. It was a class move on Scott's part. Unfortunately, it went either unnoticed or ignored.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Pater
    I'm pretty sure that my blue chalk line snaps straighter than your red one.
    I'm glad to see this F vs E debate is coming to a close but what about that Walt thinking his Blue chalk line is better than my Red one! Now that really bugs me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stahl
    I'm glad to see this F vs E debate is coming to a close but what about that Walt thinking his Blue chalk line is better than my Red one! Now that really bugs me!!!
    Neither one of them is nearly as good as my orange chalk line.

I am so mad at all of you..... NOT! As Greg mentioned I was only trying to comment on how much I enjoyed the product to complete a task easier, safer and more accurate than had in the past. So Kudo's to the product. Yes, later I also mentioned that this particular task could have easily been accomplished (cut wise) by a similar brand, though I had some other reasons for my decision on a prduct purchase.

Mr. Singer always with a well thought out wise comment (not the other wise) but wise in knowledge. The topic is how a tool helped me do a task. Anyways, I think in general debates are great. I do wish folks would avoid making a debate out of brands when the intention was to talk about a specific task... now if one was to say, well you now that same task could have easily been accomplished by doing X. I see that more relavent. to the conversation than debating whose got a better rail.

Anyways, we can let this die at any time if we want to continue to talk about the F vs E. If we want to talk more about other ways of completing this same tasks, then that could be of great value.... may even stir up a debate on why one feels a guide system is prefered over another method.

Paul and others, one suggestion, on topics you know that have resulted in heated discussions in the past, it may be wise to think before we type and imagine what the mightly word might spark... humour is not always easily picke up on in forums.
    Last edited by Scott Coffelt; 05-28-2005 at 1:25 PM.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Scott,
    Thank you!

When you are really building....often you grab whatever is closer, without care of what brand and sometimes without care of what purpose the tool was intended to serve....because you are driven to execute your thought ....your ideas...this is really the mood and feeling...I have great tools and I am still learning to use them....but that feeling! .....I love that feeling...That is what its all about...I drive around miss my exit...forget to call someone....Why?...I have details and design in my head....a constant dialouge...more interesting than the esoteric trival differences that exisit between this brand and that....go for the feeling! and those of you that know the feeling.... know what I mean....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Coffelt
    I am so mad at all of you..... NOT! As Greg mentioned I was only trying to comment on how much I enjoyed the product to complete a task easier, safer and more accurate than had in the past. So Kudo's to the product. Yes, later I also mentioned that this particular task could have easily been accomplished (cut wise) by a similar brand, though I had some other reasons for my decision on a prduct purchase.

Mr. Singer always with a well thought out wise comment (not the other wise) but wise in knowledge. The topic is how a tool helped me do a task. Anyways, I think in general debates are great. I do wish folks would avoid making a debate out of brands when the intention was to talk about a specific task... now if one was to say, well you now that same task could have easily been accomplished by doing X. I see that more relavent. to the conversation than debating whose got a better rail.

Anyways, we can let this die at any time if we want to continue to talk about the F vs E. If we want to talk more about other ways of completing this same tasks, then that could be of great value.... may even stir up a debate on why one feels a guide system is prefered over another method.

Paul and others, one suggestion, on topics you know that have resulted in heated discussions in the past, it may be wise to think before we type and imagine what the mightly word might spark... humour is not always easily picke up on in forums.
    Last edited by Mark Singer; 05-28-2005 at 4:40 PM.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Mr. Mark Singer... Monet uses

Home Depot' own brand of paint brush...I saw him there just this weekend
    ha-ha-ha...
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    Glenn....its only a saw after all ....not the sun or a great cup of coffee....do we really care what kind of brush Monet used? Was Mozart composing on a Steinway or a Schimmel....? Don't tell me my Armani Suit was sewn on a Mitsubishi.....Excuse me while I check the Latte on my Livia 90....

BTW...I don't have an Armani suit

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pellow
    Neither one of them is nearly as good as my orange chalk line.
    Well Frank. I think yellow is best. Lol
    Now for some more coffee. Took a lot to read through all this.
    Steve