Thread: Global Industries -- good product and bad customer service

Global Industries -- good product and bad customer service

I'm not sure this thread belongs here but here it is anyway. I ordered from Global a small cart to use in the shop. The website said there would be a rebate on the cart. I know -- a real pain but it would make a difference in the price. The cart was damaged on arrival, but still functional. I called them about the damage and agreed to keep the cart for a discount on the price. I then tried to apply for the rebate. The application requires one to fill out a form online (no problem), and then print a paper form which must be completed an mailed in. Why all the hoops? To deter one from applying, of course. I emailed Global and was told that they don't handle the rebate another company does that and Global has no control over the process. Imagine -- they outsource the rebate process and then let the other company really annoy their customers. I don't have a printer and don't want to go somewhere and pay to print the form which I would then mail to them. I told Global that I thought this was bait and switch. Promise a rebate and then make it way too difficult to collect. It's not as though they don't know I bought the cart from them. Now I'm told that because I received damaged goods and agreed to keep it rather than sending it back for another shipment, Global will do nothing about the rebate. Amazing customer service.

Blog Entries
    That seems to be par for the course for rebates. A lot of them (especially electronics) require you cut the UPC code off the box and sen it with form (copies not acceptable) which means that if the product should have a problem in a couple of weeks you can't return it because it has to be in the original box which you were required to destroy to get the rebate.

BTW, as I was typing I spelled course as curse. Freudian slip?

I think companies that accepted photocopies for rebate purposes would not be in business very long. Op, I agree that many mail-in rebate processes are onerous and probably meant to include enough red tape that many submissions are "incomplete". I don't know how big your discount was, but kind of understand the company's response. If I understand correctly, the company is not stopping you from submitting for the rebate.

Ellen, if you load a PDF program (like CutePDF) on your machine it will allow you to print a document to a PDF file. You could then E-Mail that PDF file to any number of people right on this site that I'm sure would be happy to print and mail it into Global on your behalf.

I, for one, would be happy to do this for you. If you want to pursue this just PM me.