Thread: KItchen Cabinet Door Source

KItchen Cabinet Door Source

We are in the process of adding on and remodeling our kitchen. We are redesigning and rebuilding the cabinets. I plan to make the shells and face frames and purchase the doors unfinished made to our specifications. Does anyone have a recommendation on door suppliers?

I have a client for whom I do design work who has been using Walzcraft for many years. They do doors and drawers that are very high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    I have a client for whom I do design work who has been using Walzcraft for many years. They do doors and drawers that are very high quality.
    Bob, Dave is spot on.
    I am retired now, but I used Walzcraft for my doors when I was building cabinets commercially. This company is amazing. Their catalogue is 394 pages long and they have more than just cabinet doors. Their quality is superb. In case you are wondering, I was only a customer, I am not a relative or a stock holder.

Blog Entries
    and my favorite is Scherr's Cabinet Doors I've used them for a number of projects
    http://www.scherrs.com/

Thumbs up

+1 for Walzcraft

I dealt with Brian at Mid Michigan Wood Specialties for my kitchen and they did a great job. There were two pieces with shipping damage, one of which was on an extra-long edge of a trim panel I'd planned to trim to fit anyway, and the other was a door which they remade and UPS'd in about 2 days. The doors got a quick once-over with spot sanding of maybe 1 spot per 10 doors and then went straight to the finishing room. They made dovetailed drawer boxes and rollouts for me too which came prefinished and notched for undermount slides. The total including shipping (one 4x6 pallet weighing 400-something lbs!) was competitive with actual cost of making them myself, not to mention that what could have been months of work down to accepting a delivery about 7 days after placing the order.

http://midmichiganwood.com/

Thanks for the suggestions. We received the Walzcraft catalogs yesterday and was blown away, although I just skimmed through them. Being only a few hours away, I plan to call them to see if they have a showroom and related info. Thanks, again.

Call Walzcraft and ask for Sam in Inside Sales. He's awesome; responsive, knowledgeable, friendly, and accountable.

In case you want to look at an alternative source, check out http://www.rawdoors.net/

John

Have you checked with any of your local cabinetmakers yet?