Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epilog Mini Motherboard Replacement - FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    And Tony's point is right on.
    Each time I had to replace the motherboard in my Epilog Mini I paid full price, plus duty, plus VAT (15%). (And afterwards I realized one of the "diagnosed" bad boards wasn't bad, it was a buggy driver. The new replacement board had the same problem, until I gave up on the 64 bit driver. When asked about it, Epilog had no comment. YMMV but I got poor service from Epilog more than once. Got some apologies for it, but the $$ were still gone from my pocket.)
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lenkic View Post
    How often you hear MB failure on PC?
    Quite often, actually.

I think the pre-2010 Mini's had an issue with their motherboards. I just finished restoring one. The MB worked fine pre-restoration, but was dead after the restoration. Epilog replaced it, and the new MB includes a large daughter board with several high-power electrical components that wasn't on the original MB. I think they left something off the original, and they are just replacing them instead of issuing a recall.