Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you get Directv to take you off their mailing list???

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    I quit my AAA auto membership over ten years ago and still get physical mail from them with the whole, "last notice" thing.

I never paid for Fine Woodworking Magazine (I think they comped me a subscription from the Minimax USA days, which died in 2010) and somehow, they followed me to a new address with magazines.

Erik

Erik
    AAA has been sending me their Westways magazine for nearly 25 years for free. They started charging me for it way back when, then removed the charge but forgot to stop sending the magazine. It just gets thrown away the second it comes in the door.

I cancelled my subscription to the Sunday Albuquerque Journal newspaper 3 years ago but they still throw one in my driveway every Sunday morning. I called them twice and reported it..
    That would’ve never happened when I delivered papers as a kid. The right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing today.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

When we bought this house we contracted the same trash company we'd been using at the old house. One morning I noticed they looked in my trash can and left. I went out and it was empty. Over the next couple weeks I noticed the same. Finally one morning I caught the guys and they said they they had never had to pick up trash at our house. Turns out the previous owner's company had been picking it up. This went on for well over a year. Worked out nice when I had a section of broken up sidewalk to dispose of. I put in about 50lbs twice on trash day for a couple weeks.

Now here's the funny part. The can has the company's name on the side on about a 8x10 white and red sticker!

They keep misspelling my name when they send me mail.
    I was once a woodworker, I still am I'm just saying that I once was.

Chop your own wood, it will warm you twice. -Henry Ford

If they happen to send you a "Return Postage Paid" envelope, tape it to a box of bricks, with a letter inside asking to be removed from their mailing list. Works for me!

The problem is likely that they do a mass mail to all addresses in a certain area. They might apply a filter to not include existing customers. But I am just guessing.

If it has a postage paid return envelope I send it back but the paper get shredded and added to my compost pile where it will do some good.
    Rick
    I support the Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers project