Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you get Directv to take you off their mailing list???

How do you get Directv to take you off their mailing list???

Has anyone else had to deal with that company??? I don't have Directv or any other satilite TV system , yet they keep sending me those "you have been pre-selected" junk mailings. I called their 800 number, and they said I don't have Directv. Well DUHHH!!! I told her I don't have it and I don't want it and to have them take me off their mailing list. They said I am not on their mailing list , it's a mass market mailing. Well, they said they would not longer mail the junk mailings to me , but that was 2 months ago and still getting the junk !!

Anyone know how to get them to stop their junk mail ????????????

Life's too short. Just throw it in the trash and don't stress over it.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

You might not be on their corporate mailing list, you might be on some resellers list. We get them CONSTANTLY for Hughesnet from several resellers. I sort the mail on the way into the house--recycling and keepers. Many days it all goes in the first stack.

I used to be in the same boat, until I started shredding all their papers, and putting it back into their mail back envelope where they pay the postage. After several of those, all the junk mail pretty well is gone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Henry View Post
    I used to be in the same boat, until I started shredding all their papers, and putting it back into their mail back envelope where they pay the postage. After several of those, all the junk mail pretty well is gone.
    I used to do that only with out the shredding part. Stuff everything including the envelope it came in back in their postage paid envelope and drop it in the mail box on the corner.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

sending the mail back to them is a good idea but do not shredded it , they see the powder and will CALL THE Police

Put all the other junk mail in their return envelope and send it back.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

What about adding a brick to a box with their envelope and mail the weight postage due

What about recycling it instead of wasting time on something that won't do any good?

I agree with sending it all back in the return envelope. The postal service needs the business and the only motivator for these ninnies is to hurt them financially. The cost of the postage and then the processing g of a junk filled envelope is the only hope to change their behavior.

11. If the junk they send has any postage paid junk in it, just send the postage paid return with remove me. The Post Office needs the extra income if they can deliver it correctly.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 08-04-2013 at 5:55 PM.

Collect them for a bit, then write on all of them "Return to sender. Not here" or something like that and send them back to Directv. It may take a few times, but it will eventually get you removed from their mailing list. Comcast is another one of those annoying mass mailers.

As far as I am aware, there is nothing like a 'do not mail' registry like they have for the 'do not call' list and telemarketers.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Try dmachoice.org to sign up to get less junk mail. It helps somewhat as not every mailer uses the service.

Blog Entries
    It is interesting to me that junk mail bothers some people so much. I just never give it much thought at all. It is just a daily ritual to through away the junk and keep the good. Can someone give me some insight why junk mail make some people so mad? I think the anger is even higher for junk email as well. I just throw it away without much thought at all. Life is just too short to let such a trivial thing get me mad.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I think in some cases it would be almost impossible to get off the mailing list. Some mailings are simply dropped in every single mailbox along the route and may not even have your address on them. You could probably never get off every mailing list no matter how much you tried.

Like Larry, I'm not sure why folks get so worked up over junk mail. Yes, it takes natural resources to create the paper, but wood is renewable and trees for paper grow back pretty quick.