Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you get Directv to take you off their mailing list???

Go to https://support.directv.com/contact. Click on “Chat with Us” and tell the chat representative that you no longer want to receive notices from DirecTV by U.S. mail or by e-mail. You WILL be removed from both contact lists.

junk mail is better than bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Martin View Post
    Has anyone else had to deal with that company??? I don't have Directv or any other satilite TV system , yet they keep sending me those "you have been pre-selected" junk mailings. I called their 800 number, and they said I don't have Directv. Well DUHHH!!! I told her I don't have it and I don't want it and to have them take me off their mailing list. They said I am not on their mailing list , it's a mass market mailing. Well, they said they would not longer mail the junk mailings to me , but that was 2 months ago and still getting the junk !!

Anyone know how to get them to stop their junk mail ????????????
    The only escape is death.....

That goes for Charter too.

Ed

Blog Entries
    If you want to vent on a person and not a computer visit your local Menards. They have a Directv rep there all the time in my area. Make a big ruckus, drawing a lot of attention from customers and they just might put you through to someone that will take you serious. They don't want someone making them look bad while they are trying to sell subscribers.

Blog Entries
    One of my postal carriers calls it jobs mail. If it can keep the post office going, a little frustration is worth it.

One of the big local industries is paper. When I complain about getting a 3 foot long receipt for a single item purchase, this "being a paper making city" is almost an automatic response.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The recycle bin is your friend...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Life's too short. Just throw it in the trash and don't stress over it.
    This! Or buy a paper shredder for home use...maybe $25....i find it works quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Graywacz View Post
    junk mail is better than bills.
    While true, you'll still get the bills whether you get the junk mail or not.

Yes, but when you go out there and sort through the mail and you don't find bills, it just makes the day a little nicer. Oh...they'll come, but when they aren't there.....

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Henry View Post
    I used to be in the same boat, until I started shredding all their papers, and putting it back into their mail back envelope where they pay the postage. After several of those, all the junk mail pretty well is gone.
    I do the same thing with every credit card solicitation. The pre-paid envelopes all go back in the mail and have for years, but I still get them. That's fine. If I have to go to the time and expense of shredding it, they get to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Chance in Iowa View Post
    Collect them for a bit, then write on all of them "Return to sender. Not here" or something like that and send them back to Directv. It may take a few times, but it will eventually get you removed from their mailing list. Comcast is another one of those annoying mass mailers.
    Most of them send to "or current occupant" so I don't know how much good that will do. They don't care who opens the junk mail, so long as someone does.

As far as I am aware, there is nothing like a 'do not mail' registry like they have for the 'do not call' list and telemarketers.
    Not that anyone pays the slightest bit of attention to the "do not call" list. I've had telemarketers laugh at me when I said I was on the list. It's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynda Moodie View Post
    Go to https://support.directv.com/contact. Click on “Chat with Us” and tell the chat representative that you no longer want to receive notices from DirecTV by U.S. mail or by e-mail. You WILL be removed from both contact lists.
    Only if DirecTV is the one sending them, which they may not be. I get things from local resellers all the time and DirecTV has no control over that.

I can dump 20 junk mails in the time one robo call takes. I had one wake up the household at 11:45 the other night. He said my computer was malfunctioning. I am ashamed to admit it, but I lost my cool and told him to do something anatomically impossible.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I haven't seen a credit card app in the mail that has had anything remotely private in years. I don't even open them to check anymore. I bet 90% of our mail by volume, excluding packages, goes straight into the recycle bin. Even the gas bill that came today for example I throw away 2 envelopes and some kind of ad insert every month and keep the 1 sheet that is the actual bill. I don't think we can get that one electronically for some reason.

I quit my AAA auto membership over ten years ago and still get physical mail from them with the whole, "last notice" thing.

I never paid for Fine Woodworking Magazine (I think they comped me a subscription from the Minimax USA days, which died in 2010) and somehow, they followed me to a new address with magazines.

Erik

Erik