Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

5 Aug 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
    I'm up early due to work related duty and I thought I'd get an early start on posting today.
    Nothing but working for the day job this weekend. Come 8 AM this morning, I get to be a free man again and relieved of oncall duty.

Still working slowly on getting the rest of things done inside the house, we just had a under slab water leak and went through the locating and fixing with American Leak Detectors. Those guys were great.!!! So thankful for those folks and the tools they use to find a water leak and the skills to fix it without severe destruction to the house.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

My rendition of the wood whisperer's cutting board. Still need to sand it and give it some SBF.

First post!

My wife gave her consent to a new workshop in our backyard a few months ago, and the building was completed a couple of weeks ago. Got my tools moved in late last week, so most of my first weekend in the shop was spent setting up machines, arranging, and organizing. My single modest accomplishment in wood was to turn a new maple axle to repair the handle of a friend's beloved rolling pin. Next priority is to get some storage and work surfaces built.
    Chuck Taylor

Blog Entries
    Took the whole weekend off. Went to the VC fair on Saturday. Did various home projects on Sunday. Replacesd the broken tote on a number 4, type 11 I found a couple of weeks ago. Tried to save the blade, but it looks too pitted on the back. Made some more "canvasses" for SWMBO for her encaustic work.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

photo.jpg

Been working on a built-in vanity for a bathroom and it has to be done by end of the week. I got as far as fitting up 3 of the drawers before I noticed that my hardware order is missing three pairs of the orange locking handles that come with the Blum slides, which irritated me to no end. Went to hang the doors and the verdamnit hinges are missing, too. ARGH. Called Lee Valley to resolve and they're closed for some Canadian holiday today.

Maybe partly my fault for not taking stock of the contents of the box when I got it, but considering the 'box' showed up on my doorstep as a carboard bag wrapped in packing tape, things could have been sorted a little better on thier end, too.

photo1.jpg
    banging head on desk right now. I'm dead in the water until I get this resolved. I know LV will take care of it, it's just frustrating.