Thread: Happy Birthday to Me!!!!

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday to Me!!!!

Last month I decided to take advantage of Mark's 4th of July sale on his excellent Bad Axe Tool Works saws and add one of his dovetail saws to the till.

Last Friday, after only four weeks, I received an email from Mark letting me know his was putting on the finishing touches and it would ship Monday. Excellent timing! It arrived today, on my birthday, a very happy birthday surprise indeed.

Like my previous Bad Axe Tenon and Sash saws, this little gem is a thing of beauty. Yeah, I know, it's a tool. A saw. Something to work with. But there's nothing that says we can't enjoy ourselves by indulging in a tool that is also a joy to behold. I took advantage of the many customizing options to have this 10" dovetail built to match its big brother 16" tenon saw: Black Pearl Nickel Plated sawback and split-nuts with a Black Walnut handle.

Tomorrow I'll shovel some of the debris out of the shop and take it for a spin. Then I'll post some pictures and a first impression. I also need to do a follow-up on the other saws now that their first anniversary is coming up.

What a great birthday!
    - Mike

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday Mike. Sounds like you're having a good day. Congratulations on the new saw.

Happy Birthday, Mike. Give us an update on their opening debue.
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

Blog Entries
    Hippo, Birdie two Ewes.

Don't ya just love it when great things show up in the post on your day?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Happy Birthday Mike! I know you like small planes so in addition to the saw I hope you get yourself something that is both cute and handy!
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

Blog Entries
    I have been studying on a Bad Axe miter box saw for my Stanley 150 miter box. First I will have to see how good the saw is when the box & saw arrive. Congrats!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cogswell View Post
    Last month I decided to take advantage of Mark's 4th of July sale on his excellent Bad Axe Tool Works saws and add one of his dovetail saws to the till.

Last Friday, after only four weeks, I received an email from Mark letting me know his was putting on the finishing touches and it would ship Monday. Excellent timing! It arrived today, on my birthday, a very happy birthday surprise indeed.

Like my previous Bad Axe Tenon and Sash saws, this little gem is a thing of beauty. Yeah, I know, it's a tool. A saw. Something to work with. But there's nothing that says we can't enjoy ourselves by indulging in a tool that is also a joy to behold. I took advantage of the many customizing options to have this 10" dovetail built to match its big brother 16" tenon saw: Black Pearl Nickel Plated sawback and split-nuts with a Black Walnut handle.

Tomorrow I'll shovel some of the debris out of the shop and take it for a spin. Then I'll post some pictures and a first impression. I also need to do a follow-up on the other saws now that their first anniversary is coming up.

What a great birthday!
    When I see your name I always think of Cogswell Cogs and Spacely's Sprockets....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Stanford View Post
    When I see your name I always think of Cogswell Cogs and Spacely's Sprockets....
    :LOL: Never heard that before . . .

Yesterday morning the starter at the golf course, knowing I'm retired, asked if George had retired too since he hadn't George's name in a while. It took me a few seconds to make the connection, but I told him I wouldn't know about George - he worked for one of my competitors.
    - Mike

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Griggs View Post
    Happy Birthday Mike! I know you like small planes so in addition to the saw I hope you get yourself something that is both cute and handy!
    Well, this is a little saw.
    Sitting next to it's 16" big brother it does look cute and handy!
    - Mike

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Griggs View Post
    Well, this is a little saw.
    Sitting next to it's 16" big brother it does look cute and handy!
    - Mike