Thread: Recommendation on new mag switch for the Griz saw

Recommendation on new mag switch for the Griz saw

The magnetic switch on my Griz table saw is beginning to fail and I need a replacement quick. Any suggestions on a quality replacement? Not looking for a cheapo Rockler but something that would be considered commercial quality.

many thx
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

When I restored an older Unisaw, I got a replacement magnetic switch from Woodworkers Supply. They have different switches to match the motors amp/HP range.

Why not a Grizzly replacement? I used the same starter and switch that is on my new Grizzly 1023 for a restored Unisaw. Cost less than $100 and was in stock. Used the wiring diagram from my Grizzly manual.

I think the one in my Grizzly is a telemechanique (spelling?). You may be able to find one locally to pick up.

Slowest and most work - Id build my own and get true commercial quality - my choice in starter and overload and fuses, DIN components, no plastic box - a nice nema 4/12 enclosure, a through door lockable disconnect, true e-stop etc.
    A bit faster - Next best is to install an LVC from a delta tool and seperate magnetic switch.
    Fastest - Plastic all in one easy to install option - order a WEG from factorymation.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.