Thread: Looking for drawer slide recommendation

Looking for drawer slide recommendation

I have a need to make a sliding shelf that will fit in the space underneath a computer desk where you legs would normally go. It would be about 24" wide and must support the weight of a guitar amplifier that weighs about 35 lbs, and which would slide forward about 10 - 12". The slide system must of course be able to support this weight when the shelf is extended as well as when it is withdrawn. Can anyone recommend a slide that would accommodate this?

Standard side-mount full-extension slides from Accuride and KV are usually rated at 100 pounds.

Pretty much any drawer slide on the market today - even the crappy white powder coated bottom corner mounted slides would support that. Take your pick!

Todd

Blog Entries
    As mentioned, any quality full extension slide rated for the weight would do. I use a lot of KV-8400 series and have never had an issue. This guy pulls out to expand a serving / preparation area and often holds more than 35 pounds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thanks guys!

Rob I have used a lot of the cheaper KV line in my shop and some furniture builds. Bought in quantities of 10 or more, they are relatively inexpensive

Woodworkers hardware has been excellent to deal with : http://www.wwhardware.com/kv-tt100-e...-slide-kvtt100
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

My experience with KV and Woodworker's Hardware has also been good. If you buy from them, they will send you this thick catalog with an amazing selection of cabinet hardware and other woodworking supplies. I am looking through it right now.