Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Grandfather Clock

Mini Grandfather Clock

The latest Vectric newsletter has free project file for a particularly nice project this month. The included PDF file that is provided with the project proclaims "Honey, I Shrunk the Clock" as the plan is for a scaled down version of an old favorite.

Visit this link, if only to take a look at the clock pictures
    http://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/pr...her-clock.html

Here is the link to the latest newsletter proper:
    http://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/ne...3/issue44.html

Vectric used to publish projects for Vcarve Pro users but it doesn't seem they are doing that as much any more.

Art,

This link will take you to the list of projects. As you scroll down the page you can see there are quite a few projects for VCarve Pro on the list.

http://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/projects.html

Keith, I saw that the other day. I need to start prepping some wood!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Bruce,

Although the size of the clock seems to be a bit odd I like this project and I'm thinking about making one. I think cherry or mahogany would be good choices for the clock. The good news is that I have plenty of cherry left over from a sign job so it looks like the decision has been made

I was also thinking cherry. 42" is an odd size, I was thinking of scaling it down a little.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    Vectric used to publish projects for Vcarve Pro users but it doesn't seem they are doing that as much any more.
    If I remember correctly the free projects are for Aspire and V-Carve Pro every other month
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

Quote Originally Posted by Mick A Martin View Post
    If I remember correctly the free projects are for Aspire and V-Carve Pro every other month
    I had never noticed but went to the site and looked. You are right. vcarve is every other month.

I don't have Aspire 4 but it has given me an idea of a desk top clock using a 35mm clock face. David

Clock

I look forward to their monthly projects. Learn something new from all of them.Clock 6.jpg

Mike, that turned out great. I plan on making it this winter out of some old cherry bookshelves I have.

Andy Rooney

I went with the select pine, used pocket screws a lot just incase. Will add some to get taller on the next one. Was a project that I will do again

It looks like you're very accomplished at sanding the fine router detail. I haven't even come close to mastering that process!

Andy Rooney

Way to go Mike!

Nice job on the clock.....

Dremel and sanding sponge. If you have time, I like to do a second pass .002-3 lower. Sure helps on the sanding.