Thread: Shop tour 'tease'

Shop tour 'tease'

Big shop rehab almost over...so I thought I'd post a couple 'teaser' pics.

I basically moved everything around and made a home for things that used to lay around on the floor. I'm still 'putting' away, but the bulk of it's done...and I had to get some things finished.

First pic is some MDF wall cabinets I put up, and my new, very plain 49x49 work table with torsion box top. It's so close to flat it scares me. In the clamps is the top for the coffee table base above, which is for my sister. It's QSWO...which I hate working with. Mesquite has spoiled me.

Here's the end tables that go with the coffee table. I haven't got my air piping put back up yet...primarily because I'm not sure that's where the compressor is gonna stay.

Moving into the darkness, I spent some money on shelving for lumber storage. Lotsa mesquite here...I 'rediscovered' much of this while cleaning.

My plan is to store material in this 'roughing' area until I get ready to use it, then I'll move it to the other new shelving where I do most of the cutting, assembling, etc.

Anyhoo...no great shakes or anything...but I haven't posted anything in awhile.

KC

Nice shop, nice tour. Thanks for the pics.

Regards,

Christian
    "On Wednesday, when the sky is blue,
    And I have nothing else to do,
    I sometimes wonder if it's true
    That who is what and what is who."

(A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh)

The shop's looking good KC. By "teaser" you mean that a full tour is in the works?

BTW, if you get a chance, swing over here to Albuquerque and help me "rediscover" some lumber - my stash is getting thin.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Good Looking shop,KC.

I have the exact wall standards & brackets you have. They really hold a lot of weight & work great for me. It must be great working with all that mesquite all the time. Great pics & projects.
    John
    NOTHING beats a failure,but a try.
    -------------------------------------------
    Have a Blessed Day,

JMC

Who are you trying to fool? We all know that isn't your shop because you can see the floor!
    Dennis

Naaa...that can't be your shop, KC!! Nice job!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McDonaugh
    Who are you trying to fool? We all know that isn't your shop because you can see the floor!
    I thought about mentioning the floor, but I knew you'd come through for me!

Nice teaser KC...Can't wait for the full tour. Sorry...I just don't see the horrendous mess that you've talked about.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Last edited by Kirk (KC) Constable; 05-27-2005 at 7:41 AM.

10. Hold on a minute. I'm kind of lost here. There used to be a blue router on the floor by the door that kind of got me oriented. I can't find it and I don't know which way to turn. Also without all the chips and sawdust hiding the floor, tools and tables I am distracted by all the stuff that crowds into my view. Are you sure you are going to leave it like this?(-;
    What you do today determines what you can do tomorrow.

KC, it looks great. It sure is nice getting things organized a little bit. I just finished my rehab and it was alot of work, I think you have more room than I do though!! Congrats!

Corey

Oh ok KC...now I understand. Your old post was before my SMC time. That's the way my shop looked last week. Except you had a higher pile of clamps and nicer buried tools!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
    Hold on a minute. I'm kind of lost here. There used to be a blue router on the floor by the door that kind of got me oriented. I can't find it and I don't know which way to turn. Also without all the chips and sawdust hiding the floor, tools and tables I am distracted by all the stuff that crowds into my view. Are you sure you are going to leave it like this?(-;
    Good catch, Don. I finally tossed the old Makita during this cleanup. It was a difficult decision...but I haven't thrown anything for quite some time, so I figure maybe I've learned my lesson.

KC

KC.....KC.....KC, did you absolutely have to do that?????? Since YOU have cleaned up and organized, it now Forces ME to have to make a few moves in my shop, and I just wasn't read to do that yet. (Refer to my Shop Shots in the Off Topic Forum). It's getting so you just can't depend on anything or anybody to remain unchanged these days.
    "Some Mistakes provide Too many Learning Opportunities to Make only Once".

Organization is a wonderful thing! Looks great KC!