Thread: Some weekend work

Some weekend work

Spalted Maple pen with representational Indian flag design airbrushed. One of a set made to honor a collaboration between Connecticut and Bangalore based engineering teams. Finished with lacquer.

Spalted Maple India Pen 01 by Eric Holmquist, on Flickr

Red Elm Bowl with Zentangle Inspired Art design done with pyrography. Finished with polyurethane. Around 8" (20 cm) across

Red Elm ZIA Bowl 01 by Eric Holmquist, on Flickr
    Eric Holmquist
    C&C Always Welcome

Nice work on both Eric. Must be quite the process to lay out those lines for burning!

great pyro..very fascinating design
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

I like the pen Eric, but man, that fine line pyro work is really impressive. Len

Blog Entries
    I love the bowl , belongs in a gallery .

Both look great and love the pryo on the bowl.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thanks everyone, I just started doing pyro this year and love these sorts of patterns.

I just gave a demo at our club picnic on the technique.
    Eric Holmquist
    C&C Always Welcome

Am very impressed by both pieces but especially the woodburned bowl. Had never heard of zentangles until Mark Gardner mentioned them at the AAW Symposium and have looked at several sights about them. Do you remember the name of the pattern? It reminds me of scallop shells probably because we made a family trip this past weekend to Port St. Joe, Fl. and did some scalloping. Lots of fun!
    I fish, therefore I am. I woodturn when I can't fish.

Love the pyrography on that color. Very classy looking!

D.
    I finally figured out how to deal with sawdust in my hair.

I shaved my head.

Those both look great Eric! Really nice job with the pyro, very clean lines. You must have a very steady hand!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Both look great Eric! Amazing detail on that pyro...
    Billy

Eric well done as usual but the control and precision of your pyro is exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by BILL DONAHUE View Post
    Am very impressed by both pieces but especially the woodburned bowl. Had never heard of zentangles until Mark Gardner mentioned them at the AAW Symposium and have looked at several sights about them. Do you remember the name of the pattern? It reminds me of scallop shells probably because we made a family trip this past weekend to Port St. Joe, Fl. and did some scalloping. Lots of fun!
    Thanks, I believe the pattern is Paradox
    Eric Holmquist
    C&C Always Welcome

I am very impressed with your attention to details. Thy pyrography is nicely executed and the pen is simply amazing.