My wife and I are planning on building several cabinets and built-ins for bedrooms, kitchen, garage and the basement. I would prefer to just buy one and not both unless there is a massive compelling reason to do so. Thus, I would prefer to buy the best tool I can afford that will make my work easier and has the best build quality. I do not have a budget allocated but would like to stay under $300 which should be more than ample for any of the 15/16g on the market. And, if I can spend 90 bucks for a quality nailer I am sold; I am not brand loyal.

Aside from the fact that the 15g is usually at an angle and a slightly thicker gauge nail are there any other major differences that I should take into account?

I have a Grex 635 which has been a rock solid tool for the last two years. I do not see any good Amazon reviews for the Grex 15g and 16g nailers; are they of equal quality at the 635 and 650 pinners?

What brand do you have that you would recommend and which are the ones to absolutely avoid?

Thanks