Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corel Question

Hi Guys;
    Thanks for all the info and advice. The barbed wire example is exactly what I am trying to do-unfortunately I can't seem to get past the step where he turns the envelope tool off and then on again. Does the object have to be a bitmap (tried that) or can it also be a vector segment? I can't get it to bend in the curve as his example does. Will keep fooling around with it-probably one of those simple things ...............
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts

I can't give you any advice on how he got the barbed wire to fallow the circle, I have never tried it I just remembered when watching the video that I thought it may be useful some day.
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin

Hi Bruce;
    I have been fooling around with your method but am missing something. I place the art on the diameter of the circlr-the center of the art is on the center of the circle-not sure after that.............
    Thanks
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts
    *twin 80 watt Shenhui 1280
    *60 watt Laserpro Mercury -42ips
    *(2) 30 watt Laserpro Venus-42 ips
    *whole bunch of woodworking/metalworking machines
    *128 screwdrivers (all needed)
    *wonderful wife (1st) of 53 years who allows me to collect screwdrivers

Check out the blend tool, that might help to achieve what you're after. It takes a bit of experimentation and you may have to use various tools/dockers (like rotate and skew) in conjunction with blend but it's worth a shot.

George

I referred to the brush tool when the name is artistic media. I did see a couple of tutorials that might lead you into something.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Rotate & Duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by George M. Perzel View Post
    Hi Bruce;
    I have been fooling around with your method but am missing something. I place the art on the diameter of the circle-the center of the art is on the center of the circle-not sure after that.............
    Thanks
    Sorry George, was off-line most of today...

Here's the final bit (I think I told you wrong). I meant to say that you need to rotate the object not just move. So get the rotation handles back, and drag those handles to rotate the object to the correct position and then right click to drop a duplicate in that spot. Once the dupe is in place you can still rotate it to get a better fit or if it's correct the first time, then just repeat the action using Control-R to get more objects dropped around the circle..

Hope this explanation is a bit better...
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

It's very easy to do. Mike's got it right. Make your own artistic brush stroke.

Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Steve

Thanks for posting that link. For those who are unfamiliar with Jeff Harrison, he's a Corel guru and has a mailing list to which I subscribe. Everyday he sends out some kind of tip.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks all for your help-still can't figure out the envelope method but the Artistic media function works great-thanks for the link, Scott
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts