Hello all,
First post! I finally got our company to approve a new Laser, and we went with the Epilog Mini 18 (30W). The unit just arrived today and I have seen SO MANY different ideas and thoughts on the proper venting and air compressor requirements that I am actually feeling overwhelmed. I have spent a few hours online researching the difference between oil vs. oilless compressors, using a mini compressor vs. having a larger reserve tank, and dont get me started on the exhaust.
I know there are several threads on here that deal with these topics, but many are several years old and I am thinking there may be new technologies or schools of thought on this topic. I will be using this unit on a mobile cart, which means my compressor and exhaust fan will need to be mobile as well. My intentions are to set up the unit for production near a dock door and vent the exhaust outside while in use, but because I have a shared space, I want to have the ability to bring it back into an office to be locked down when not in use.

If anyone has any good feedback on an Exhaust fan and compressor best suited for this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Exhaust - Rated at minimum 400CFM at 6" static pressure
Compressor - 30PSI max - 1/4" tubing (also, it seems that I have to find a hose with no adapters on it to "plug" into the back of the unit?

For me, the decibel level is important as well. I would like to get units that are under a 70db rating.

Thanks
Mike